Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

Her every blow with her warm breath instantly lit up the fire within me. I know I shouldn't be thinking malicious things right now, but Jade is effortlessly tempting. With her lips almost brushing my palm is enough to make my insides go haywire. I almost moan on her every blow for pete's sake. Thank God I was able to suppress it.

I cleared my throat and straightened up myself from sitting when she started to put fresh gauges on my palm before wrapping it on a bandage. When she's done, she kneeled on top of the couch and scoot near me.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked in a hoarse voice. I don't know if this is because of not talking for hours or my throat is clearly drying up because of this thirst I'm feeling, not for water, but for this glorious woman towering over me.

"Relax, Althea. Gagamutin 'ko lang yung mga sugat mo sa mukha." She answered coolly while playfully showing me the cotton buds she dipped on the betadine.

She first wiped the dried up blood on my cheeks with a wet cotton, before carefully damping the cotton bud on the cut. I couldn't help but to stare at her. I marveled my eyes with her beauty as if memorizing every inch of her face.

She's undoubtedly the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

No wonder guys go gaga over her. I'm more than blessed to have her. To be loved by her. To be taken care of by her. Just as I'm lucky enough to even meet her. She's definitely my one great love and I wished for her to be my last.

But life isn't a wish granting factory.

My chest starting to hurt as I can feel my heart being crushed with the thought that me and Jade can't be together anymore.

Noong una, akala 'ko possible. Akala 'ko kaya naming harapin kahit buong mundo para sa pagmamahalan namin. Akala 'ko enough na yung mahal namin ang isa't-isa para matupad lahat ng pangako namin.

But I thought wrong. Life does not simply work that way.

Yung kahit nagmamahal ka ng tapat at totoo, ay akala natin nagmamahal rin tayo ng tama. Hindi pala ganoon yun. Hindi pala sapat yun. Sabi nga nila, "all good things come to an end."

I harshly panned my head away from Jade that made her looked at me with confusion. She immediately stopped from treating my cut as I turned my back at her, not wanting to see the tears starting to brim from my eyes.

"Umuwi ka na, Jade. Late na din. H-Hindi ba may engagement ka pa mamaya?" I said trying hard not to sound bitterly. I can feel the pain slowly eating my whole body upon realizing everything. I was so caught up with Jade by my side, I forgot that she's no longer mine.

That we can never be together again.

"A-Althea.." She answered with a shaky voice. I can tell that she's in the verge of crying though my back is still facing her.

"Jade please.. 'W-Wag mo na 'kong pahirapan. 'Wag mo ng iparamdam na may pakialam ka pa sakin kasi umaasa ako. Umaasa ako, Jade, na sana ako pa din yung pipiliin mo." I confess, feeling so defeated. I want to fight for her, for us. But will you still fight if mag-isa ka na lang? Kung yung taong ipaglalaban mo, nakapili na ng iba?

"A-Althea-" She tried to grasp my arm but I shrugged it off. I can hear her faint sobs.

"Jade, ang sakit-sakit na. Umalis ka na." I weep harder as I feel the pain doubling inside my chest.