Chapter 5

Calypso
I stared after Leo's disappearing form.
Why was he so angry about the dare?
"Um, what should we do now?" Frank asked. No one said anything.
"How about hide and seek?" Will shrugged. Rachel rolled her eyes.
"What are we, five?" She sneered.
"You have any better idea's?" Reyna spat. Rachel cringed away from her burning glare, staying silent. "No? Thought not."
"So are we really gonna play hide and seek?" Jason asked. Everyone exchanged glances.
"Why not?" Percy shrugged.
"Alright. I guess it could be fun." Piper said. "But who will be it?"
"Rachel." Reyna said imediately.
"Hey!" She tried to protest.
"Okay, whoever thinks that Rachel should be it, put up their hands." Percy commanded. Nine hands went up. "Okay. Sorry Rachel." He shrugged apologetically.
"I'll go talk to Leo." I said, standing up. I found him sitting in a shadow, leaning against a bookshelf. His knees were pulled up against his chest, his head hanging down.
"Leo?" I whispered. His head shot up as he looked at me. He quickly wiped at his eyes and cheeks and with a start, I realised he had been crying. "Are you alright?" I asked softly.
"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, giving me a grin. I just sighed.
"We're playing a game. Want to join?" I asked. He raised an eye brow.
"What game?" He inquired.
"Hide and seek." He cracked me a smile, this time a real one.
"Seriously?" He asked, letting out a soft laugh. I just nodded. "Alright." He stood up, following me as I walked back to the group. Percy looked at me as we came back.
"It's been decided that we will be hiding in pairs. You and Leo, me and Annabeth, Hazel and Frank, Nico and Will, Thalia and Reyna, Jason and Bianca, Piper and Octavian. Is that okay?" He asked. Everyone silently nodded.
"Rachel, slowly count to fifty." Percy said. "And... Go!" He yelled, he and Annabeth racing away. Everyone did likewise, running away from the annoyed Rachel who had started counting.
"Where do we go?" I asked Leo as we ran out of the library, the flashlight swinging in Leo's hand.
"The cafeteria, come on!" He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards our destination. We burst through the cafeteria doors, a large table of food sitting undisturbed. We ignored it. Leo vaulted over the counter, pulling me with him. We sat in a small corner between the fridge and the counter, hidden from sight. Our faces were close to each others, the small area forcing us to be squashed together. I didn't mind though.
"Ready or not, here I come!" Rachel's voice echoed through the school. I shifted slightly, as did Leo. I felt my face flush at our closeness.
"Um, are you too uncomfortable?" Leo asked. I shook my head.
"It's fine." I answered. My eyes wandered to his warm, sparkling brown eyes. Our eyes locked, a spark racing down my spine. I could get lost in his stare forever. I subconsciously leaned forward, as did he. Our faces came closer until we were only a few inches away. His breath tickled my face, my heart beating erratically. Then, for the second time that night, our lips touched. The kiss was soft and gentle, and before I knew it, he had pulled away again. His forehead rested against mine as he smiled.
"Didn't I tell you to warn me, Sunshine?" He joked. A soft laugh escaped my throat.
"You're such an idiot." I whispered back. The sound of footsteps pulled me out of my daze.
"Damn. Where the hell is everyone?!" Rachel growled as she walked through the cafeteria. Leo and I stayed silent until she had left again.
"That was kinda close." I murmured.
"Well, she didn't see us. So I guess you're stuck with me a little while longer, Sunshine." I smiled.
"I wouldn't mind if I got stuck on an island for all eternity, if you were the one trapped with me."

Piper
"Come on! We must go hide!" I pulled Octavian behind me, shining the light around the doors.
"Why? This is lame." He rolled his eyes.
"Just come on!" I groaned, pushing Octavian into a room. I slammed the door shut, looking around with my torch. Dozens of canvases, paintbrushes, paints and easels were spread across the room. Paintings hung across the walls.
"The art room." I mused, looking around.
"Yeah, this isn't an obvious place at all." Octavian sneered.
"Oh shut up! You're so annoying!" I sighed. He gave me a shocked look.
"What did you just say?" He demanded.
"You heard me! I have never liked you, you selfish, arrogant jerk!" I yelled.
"Why you little bit-" The door swung open, Rachel standing there.
"Jeez, you guys were so loud that I found you!" She said, turning around. "Okay, I've found you first. You must go back to the library now while I look for the others." She left us alone. I glared at Octavian.
If only he knew why I even bother pretending to be perfect.