Chapter 13

TREY:

March 21st. Sweet Sixteen. NCAA Tournament. I wanted this game more than anyone else. All my haters thought I wouldn't make it this far, but we only have two more games until the Final Four. If we make it to the Final Four, if we win I will definitely go to the NBA.

Keira is here with the team. Malik went to get her late last night, and he wasn't too thrilled to be in the same car as Ashlee, since Alejandra and her joined Keira. I set my alarm for 7:30, I was going to get a little workout in before our big game. Malik was outside pacing back and forth down the hall, he seemed pissed. "Are you kidding me, Katia!" He yelled through his phone. Uh oh, he has some girlfried trouble. "Bye Katia, I'm done with your ass right now!" Malik once again shouted before ending the call. "You okay man?" I inquired as I tighten up my shoe laces. Malik sighed. "Katia just starts up some shit, I get so tired of this shit." "What is she mad about?" "She thinks I'm cheating." "Well I hate to break it to you, but you did.. with Ashlee." Malik rolled his eyes as I said Ashlee's name, but his body language shocked me. "You still have feelings for Ashlee." I accused. Malik groaned, but before he could reply a door opened and a pregnant woman came out, not just any pregnant woman, but Keira.

She walked towards Malik and I and my heartbeat became faster. I swear I thought my heart would leap out of my chest. This pregnancy really makes Keira truly beautiful. Well Keira has that natural beauty, but I sure do pray our baby will have mostly Keira's genes. "Malik, what do we have to do today?" Keira asked stretching out her arms. "Well we have to leave with the team to head over to the arena, and that's not till noon." Malik answered. Keira let out a yawn and placed her hands on her bump. "Look Malik, you better know what we're doing. I can't fail, this is my final, and I need to pass." "Don't fret, I got you."

As I walked past, Keira called me out. "You're not going to speak?" "I thought you never wanted to talk to me again, it might cause stress." Keira rolled her eyes. "I can't ignore you forever, we're having a baby." I checked my phone, 8:00. I need to get to my workout. "Let's talk later." I told Keira as I rushed to the elevator. I knew I should have stayed but I needed to go.

KEIRA:

Ashlee was still sleeping and Alejandra was placing the free breakfast from downstairs on the table. "Damn, Ashlee still sleeping?" I couldn't help but laugh. "She's probably avoiding Malik." Alejandra replied. I sat down and grabbed the banana nut muffin and took a small bite into it. "Would you be mad if I decide to talk it out with Trey?" I questioned curious. Alejandra stopped all of her movement as she turned her attention away from me. "I guess I'll keep it real with you Keira. I think you should. You love Trey and I can tell he loves you, you know that he has problems especially from his childhood, he's learning how to be a better person, you guys are having a baby, you have to find some compromise. I would hate for you guys to bring a baby into this world with tension between you two." Alejandra voiced her opinion. Times like these are the reason why I rather talk to Alejandra, she understands me better and Ashlee hates Trey, so she doesn't want him in her life. She doesn't think I know that, but I'm not stupid. "Thanks, girl. You always know what to say."

TREY:

1:00. 90 minutes until the game. Have you ever felt that all eyes are you, sometimes? Well that's how I feel. I haven't even played a minute yet and I'm sweating like crazy. My mom and my siblings, well except Nicole, were in attendance. I'm surprised that Nicole isn't here, but she's probably with them boys boasting about how we're related. It seems that's all she's good at these days. I watched as Keira brought the water bucket in and placed it on the cart. She was getting all the materials ready for the game.

Coach wasn't in yet, so we had a couple minutes, so I decided to go over and speak to Keira. "Hey." I said getting her attention. She turned around and had a smile on her face as she saw it was me. "Hi." "This is it." Keira looked around the room before responding. "Yeah, so have you decided about the NBA? I'm curious, the draft is in about 3 months." I shook my head no. Well I know what I'm doing if we win, but if we lose? I'm in a stalemate. "Kevin is entering the draft, he's going to announcing after the Elite Eight before the Final Four begins." "Yeah, well Kevin's like a sophomore, so everyone expected him. He's projected to go to the Orlando Magic." Keira ended up dropping the wraping tape and I quickly reached down and grabbed it for her. "Thanks, Trey." Keira thanked as Coach came in.