"I hope you die of laughter," Marinette murmured, she was done trying to get him to stop. Her voice was hoarse and throat sore from all the screaming, her butt hurt from falling to the floor and the beginning of a headache was starting to pulse in her skull.

She dragged herself out of the bathroom, put on Adrien's pajamas and curled up under his covers. A wave of embarrassment coursed through her and she pulled the covers up over her head, cocooning herself in sheets.

"I never imagined this would be the way I got acquainted with Adrien," she whispered softly to herself, trying to keep her embarrassment at bay and wishing this was nothing more than a nightmare. At some point her self-pity and pounding head faded into the back of her mind as sleep overcame her.

She dreamt of her childhood, before Adrien, before Ladybug, before everything that was going on, back when her life seemed perfect. It was just her and her parents, baking cookies, watching movies, building cushion forts.

She missed them more than anything.

~.~.~.~.~

The next morning Marinette's head was in agony, apparently the night's rest had done nothing.

Once again, Nathalie was the one to wake Marinette up. As soon as the door was opened, the first thing the woman picked out was Marinette's hoarse voice.

"Are you feeling alright?" Nathalie asked, though her face didn't change from its usual expression.

"Not really," Marinette replied, which was the truth. She had definitely strained her throat too much the night before and now it felt all scratchy, that paired with her still aching head made for a not too happy teenager.

Nathalie came to the conclusion that Marinette was sick and informed her that all previously scheduled appointments would be cancelled until she was better, something which Marinette more than readily accepted.

When Nathalie was finally gone Marinette sighed and started to get ready for the day. She would have loved to just stay in bed all day until her headache subsided, but she knew that a free weekend would be the best possible time to meet up with Adrien and work through their problem. They couldn't waste this chance. If they managed to switch back then he could deal with the sore throat and pounding head and she could just forget about everything she had seen and experienced, finally going back to her normal life.

"Last night sure was hilarious, eh?" Plagg had come to float beside her, but Marinette just ignored him as she pulled on a new set of clothes. She was still mad at him. Had Tikki been there she would have comforted her instead of doing nothing but laugh like a maniac. But of course, the black kwami didn't take the hint and continued. "Man, Adrien's never made me laugh that hard before. He's done plenty of funny things, but nothing like that!"

Marinette continued to pretend that she didn't hear him, she made sure to not make eye contact either, refusing to acknowledge his presence. Plagg finally started to pick up on what she was doing.

"What, are you not talking to me?" He sighed and rolled his eyes when she ignored him again. "Young humans can be so childish sometimes."

As if he could talk! Was she being childish? Yes, but so was he! She wanted to make a comeback, but held her tongue 'Just ignore him,' she told herself.

Marinette slowly made her way down the stairs, purposely taking as long as she could. Mealtime was the one time of the day that she dreaded the most. Sitting all alone in that suffocating room with nobody but Plagg to keep her company. This was the thing she hated most about Adrien's life, it felt like torture.