Chapter 31

400 vote instant update! Thank you all so much and in this chapter we have a special character being added! One lucky reader won my contest! Today the character Katrina will be played by loveyourselfmwa for talking to me for a bit ❤️. Congrats to you and everyone else don't worry I'll always have room for other new friends in the story!

Harper POV

It was finally Halloween! I couldn't stop giggling when I put on my costume. Daddy said I had to dress myself in order to make a big entrance at the party because I was the princess. I had butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it. I never liked parties very much but this time I would be glued to Daddy's side. The security was really high too. The dress made me feel like royalty, I even hid a surprise for Daddy underneath. Daddy had already headed to the party to help them set up all the heavy stuff and left me alone for a while to get ready.

A knock came at my bedroom door. I grabbed the secret gun Daddy hid in my underwear drawer and walked slowly towards the door. It was held out in front of me and even though we went over using it, the worst I could probably do is hit them in the head with it. I slowly opened the door and a frightened old penguin looking man stood there. I lowered my gun, keeping my finger close to the trigger.

"Madam, I have been sent to retrieve you for the Halloween party." He smiled weakly and I squinted my eyes at him.

"Really, then what's the password?" I slowly started to move the gun back up and he held up his hands in surrender.

"L-lavender M-madam." He stuttered out. I immediately melted and put the gun back at my side.

"Oh ok!" I giggled, grabbing my tiara and putting it on my princess style hair that Daddy did earlier. My Princess necklace stood out against the purple dress while some stray, black curls fell to my shoulders beside it. He still shook when he bowed gracefully in front of me and gestured his hand towards the door. I just smiled sweetly and exited through the door of my room then the door of the house to find a real carriage on our long driveway! My heart skipped a beat and I covered my mouth with my hands.

It was to perfect to be true and the horses where such an elegant white that I almost cried. The man ran up to my side and bowed again, his hand outstretched to the carriage.

"His exact words Ma'am, 'Nothing is too good for my baby not to have be hers.'" He clutched my hand and guided me down the few stairs and let go to open the carriage door. I ducked into the carriage and sat on the lush seats. The walls had crystallized pumpkins and hearts and they sparkled in the light as the sun set.

"It's perfect." I whispered, as he closed the door. I scooted to the window to watch the sun set and the trees whoosh by. I heard a crash and the horses neigh before it started on its way.