Chapter 5

It pained me not to write for ya'll, almost as much as it pains me that this has 202 reads and 2 votes. 

Blake POV

I didn't want to get too cocky about how my Baby reacted yet. I mean, anyone would have done it...right? I mean everyone reacts that way to someone in their lives who annoys the shit outta them. She hasn't said anything about it since so I don't think it really meant anything too her or even crossed her mind what she did. I knew I was breaking her just a little though, because when we ate lunch in the Food Court, she laughed as if no one was looking. People stared and gave us dirty looks but we just kept ourselves in our own little bubble. When we got home I asked her why she did what she did. 

"Baby, who was that girl and why did you yell at her?" I asked calmly as I set her in her highchair. She tapped her little personal table with her plastic fork. She sighed and tugged at one of her pigtails.

"Well." Her voice went back to it's normal tone, not the Baby Girl one I was starting to enjoy hearing. " Those where my ex Bandmates and the younger guy was my boyfriend a few weeks ago. I guess I yelled at them because, I was sick and tired of Nyome having everything better than me. I finally had something that she would never be able to experience. I guess I went a little overboard huh? I mean we barely know each other." Her voice echoed in my ears like a bad ringtone. It had sour notes and twisted my stomach in knots till I wanted to cry with her. Her eyes started to water and I heard a shrill screech of pain emanate from her mouth. I quickly picked her up and held her closely while she cried. I was about to comfort her when I heard the phone rang. I ran over to the counter with her in my arms to pick it up. Her crying echoed through the phone and I could even hear her on the other end.

"Hello?" I asked while bouncing my Baby on my hip. It was, of course, my brother.

"Heyyyyy, sooooo, uhhhhh, you need to go into the meeting today. I would but ummm...Clem has a cold and you know how it is, gotta put our Little's first. Sorry, Bye." He sped through his conversation then hung up the phone before I could cancel. I scowled and walked upstairs with my Baby still clinging to me. I packed her playpen and a diaper bag. She finally calmed down a bit and I set her on the bed while I walked into my closet to change into my work suit. She played with her ponytails and kicked her dangling feet. She looked off into space longingly and her eyes had the sweetest shimmer when they hit the sunlight.

I quickly changed and started rushing to shove on my shoes. I defiantly was NOT ready for this surprise meeting. I cursed my brother internally for what he did then just rolled my eyes and combed my hair as quickly as I could move. My Baby gave me a innocently confusedly look as I ran over to pick her up and rush out the door. She reached up and did my hair for me.

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." She repeated till I looked down at her.

"Yes, Princess?" I asked her. The 'Princess slip made her blush and I knew that one was a keeper. Nonetheless she continued with her question.

"Daddy, the Pwaypen and Diapwr bag." She said, struggling not to say it in her adorable Baby voice. I slapped my forehead and finished buckling her into her car-seat. I ran back into the house, that I also left unlocked like a fucking idiot. I stumbled back out of the door with her foldup playpen and diaper bag. I stuffed them into my trunk and started the car. My Princess was already asleep in her car-seat with Caillou on in front of her. With that, we sped off to my office at least, 20 miles away.

We got there about 15 minutes late, but if it really late if you own it? Anyway, I walked in with Harper on my hip and rushed over to the valet.

"Grab the playpen and the diaper bag for me, please." I said swiftly, handing him the keys to my car. He simply nodded and walked over to grab my stuff. I walked to the elevator with a quick nod to my receptionist. She picked up the phone and as the elevator closed I could hear her notify them that I had arrived. The elevator opened upstairs and my assistant started bombarding me with questions and requests. I waved her off and told her to take my things from the valet and report back to me immediately once she had it. I walked to my meeting room and everyone stood. I cleared my throat and with my Princess in my lap at the head of the table.

"Sir. Is that your... Girlfriend?" One asked. I gave him a tight glare and cleared my throat.

"I don't believe that is your business." I stated firmly. I adjusted Harper in my lap and her eyes fluttered open. She looked around, then down at herself and her face turned red. I gave her a reassuring look and watched as my assistant brought in her things. I walked over and gently placed my Princess in her playpen. She smiled slightly and played with some of the toys I had brought her. I sighed and walked back over to my meeting. I cleared my throat and all heads snapped back to my attention.

"First order of business." One of the researchers explained. "Our marketing directors, believe that we need a more diverse set of costumers. We reach out and appeal to the average everyday person. Our question is, How can we make ourselves more out there?" I nodded and went over some of the notes of my brother made.

"Well, we need to make our company more open and diverse. We are intimidating. We are the fucking panicle of rich snobs. Jerry," I started, pointing at one of the interns. "How many LGBT do you work with or even just SEE walking around the office, ever." I asked rubbing my chin.

"Well, we have...Rhonda?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck. I pointed at him and gave a 'exactly' face to the researcher.

"What if I told you, Jerry, that we don't have ONE Gay or Lesbian member on staff?" I explained while tapping my chin. Jerry shrugged his shoulders and made an awkward face.

"Well, I mean, we have Black people on staff, doesn't that make it fine? I mean what is the real cost, how will it affect our company negatively. We could loose money from our religious buyers if we were more diverse. It's about the profit, right?" Jerry asked. I nearly fired him right there, but he was the perfect example.

"Jerry, I should fire your rich, white ass right now. You're a dick face and I want you to sit in the corner the rest of this meeting." I stated in my Daddy voice. I saw Harper flinch in the corner of my eye, I smiled, she was learning. Jerry opened his mouth to retort but I gave him a stern look. He pouted and walked over to the opposite corner of the room to stand in it. I chuckled slightly and snapped everyone's attention back on me. "Now, are we going to listen? Or do I need to treat you all like my little?" I asked coyly. My staff pondered for a moment, then looked over at Harper. They immediately took out their notebooks and scratch paper, hungry for every word I would utter. The meeting continued with no more stops or controversy. Eventually, Harper got fussy and we had to dispand the meeting.