Make It Be(lie)vable...

Start from the beginning

Luke halted him, saying "Whoa, whoa, whoa. It'll be easier to avoid unnecessary attention if I do this alone." He started to walk away but then he turned around and said, "Actually, I need to bring my niece with me. I can't trust either of you with her."

That made our other two companions angry, "What? I'm her parabatai?" "I've known her my whole life. She's my sister" they argued in unison. I just laughed and walked forward.

"He doesn't mean anything by it" I said over my shoulder as I walked with Luke inside the station

*

"Okay. Here we are..." Luke said as walked into the room where his cubicle was. Luke greeted people as we walked pass and I waved at them in greeting.

I stood by his desk as he searched his draws for the cards. He just revealed them to me when I voice stopped us, "Stop right where you are. Don't touch anything. Detective Garroway, I need your badge and your gun."

I waved at Captain Vargas as Luke asked, "Who's this?"

The captain wouldn't give an answer until Luke finally gave over his gun, "His name is Fisk. Internal affairs. My hands are tied. You're gonna have to cooperate."

The man came back over and said to Luke, "You're coming with me. Let's go."

One of his workmates said, "What about the girl?"

The man, Fisk seemed to only have noticed me now and turned to the captain, "Who is she?"

I answered for her, "I'm his niece." He looked doubtful. I hate racist people. I explained, "My mother was white and my father, his brother" I said nodding in Luke's direction, "parents were white and black so it was a equal chance. I am his niece." Fisk looked at Vargas who was looking pretty confused at the revelation so I spoke before she could, "Turns out Luke's my uncle and I'm adopted!" That made the captain believe my words and she nodded her head at Fisk, showing she trusted me.

He turned to me saying, "You aren't the one being investigated but you are with him so you are gonna have to stay here."

"In a holding cell?" I questioned lightly, making Vargas snap, "No. She can stay here. The girl's done nothing wrong so she stays here and one of your men can watch her..."