Prologue

This is the beginning. The start of everything now the entire world had fallen into chaos the islanders now knew the fears since their leader was assassinated by their unknown mysterious enemy. The theatre had been boarded up and closed for many months since the masquerade ball. The singing and the dancing had ended so had the people's hope no one knew that this was the start of the mist.

The elders had used the mist as a ghost story for the children. Maybe they were wrong to mock it so it had arrived. The land had become cold and damp. The once vibrant and colour town had become nothing but grey or white where the paints had been allowed to wear off. The elders of the village had warned them of this event now they wish they had listened. They also wondered if they were going to happened regardless of the leaders death. However; the thing that had shocked the land the most was the fact that the mist was real and it had stopped everything in its track and no one was safe.

The islanders were told of the curse before they chose to settle however; they chose to ignore it and it had been ignored ever since by their arrogance and stubbornness to believe such ghost stories. The elders knew the mist and had only seen it once before but it was different this time even though the only way to say safe was to have a burning torch so you could at least get supplies but you had to be fast. This was becoming tiresome so some had fallen by the mists power therefore making it stronger with every life it engaged upon to take for its own. The elders never understood the mist and it's powers but all was to be revealed soon enough.

The island was simple and everyone loved the theatre we always went every Friday afternoon. It was what inspired the island to keep moving forward and amazed us all at once as well. It amazed us even more so when the King himself played the lead role! It didn't matter to him if he played as the damsel or the lead male his career was immersed with his acting but had it balanced so the island came first. That was how his lordship was a kind, generous caring man however; the events that followed at the masquerade ball had changed all of that. No sooner than that thought the: singing stopped, the dancing stopped and the theatre had been boarded up and never to be used or entered again. The theatre was what people loved of the island so none of us understood why the killing took place.

After that fateful incident the mist had come over night and never gave a glimpse of lifting. That was when we all realised it was magic well more of a curse. The curse was the legend the terrifying bedtime story we all got told just before bed. This was just how the adults got their children to come inside and to get ready for bed. It was a strange feeling now the mist had come. It made you feel isolated and afraid to go outside just incase the mist took you. Where it took you no one knew rumours had it that there was a lair that the prisoners were kept in under lock and key. These were hard times now almost the turn of the beginning of a whole new war. These confessions would come soon and tear the island apart the only thing that held it together was the leader and theatre.

The legends of defeating the mist were mixed and told in many different ways maybe I'd find the truth of how to defeat the mist once and for all. We also had to find out who the assassin was at the ball as this was what had started all of this in the first place maybe they knew what to do or maybe had no idea of the consequences. Questions of the people had to be answered and were becoming tiresome of asking them. Letters came in day by day to the maids tower as that was safer than the  post office as it was far to travel to now the mist had had set its path across the land. Everyone now was beginning to think the time was ending and everything that we knew and loved the most was going to end before we knew it.

The assassination had taken place at the ball but after the reports came threw what had killed him no one understood as it was of a magical substance. It was strange as no one on the island could withhold such magic now as it had died out many, many years ago as we were told. But for the King to be killed in such a public place was the most confusing and had scared the islanders away from castle so they stood their ground and stayed in their houses as they thought it was best. They believed they would all be killed one by one if they came to the castle however; it was quite the opposite of that. All of them went one by one even the ladies in waiting had been taken. Yet those who were in the castle had remained on the island and the staff were unharmed. There were also rumours of a underground village but no one knew where it was or if it was even real however; it had also been told that the village was stuck in  a time set and was like no other place that had existed on the planet. The magic had that once existed here could may well still exist today but little had we realised the possibility of magic could be much closer than what we had initially realised despite our beliefs of the fact that there was no magic.