Taken Part Seven- Scully

Scully was leaning against the wall, praying to God to save Mulder. The door banged open suddenly, startling her out of her 5th rendition of Hail Mary. The woman dragged the limp body of Fox Mulder toward her and dumped it in front of her. She left without a word. Scully fell on top of her partner and examined his body for fresh wounds. It seemed to be the same torn flesh as just 10 minutes ago, but... "Oh God, please no!" Scully thought. She leaned over him, checking for a pulse. She found a faint one at his neck. She sighed, slightly relieved he wasn't dead. Yet.

Two pinpricks oozing blood and pus caught her eyes. They were positioned above the jugular vein. Yellow liquid could be seen, spreading across the veins and into his neck, which Scully quickly realized was poison. Mulder didn't have much time. She grabbed the talon and started to hack at the ropes again, much more desperately this time. Even as the claw nicked her palms and fingers and making them bleed, she kept going with her task. She had to save Mulder!

After a while longer, the rope snapped in her hands! Scully rose to her feet quickly. She carried Mulder to the wall and laid him gently against it. "Mulder, wake up! I need to know..." Mulder's face was ashen grey, devoid of life. You would think him dead except for the faintest rise and fall of his chest. Scully looked at the peaceful expression on his face, which she hadn't seen for a while. She missed his smile, and his laugh. The way those green eyes of his would twinkle brightly whenever she turned to look at him. She couldn't believe that she had been so oblivious as to not notice the looks he had been giving her, which were full of love. And now, she might never see his eyes again, full of affection for her.

Scully broke down and started to sob. She knew she had to stop, be rational, escape out the window, bring help. But she couldn't bring herself to leave Mulder here. At least, not without saying goodbye. She cupped his face in her hands and kissed him gently. She broke away and wiped her tears. She headed for the window and straining to reach the pane-less window, she hauled herself up. As she sat precariously on the window sill, she looked back at Mulder.

His eyes were open now, slightly. He slowly stretched her fingers out to her and nodded slowly. He was saying goodbye. Scully waved back at him and started to climb slowly from the window. They were on the second floor but a tree stood only a few feet away. Scully jumped for the nearest branch and caught it. She groaned as her bruised arms strained to hold her weight.

Scully climbed quickly down the branch before her strength failed her. She landed on the leaf strewn ground, breathing hard. Before the man or woman noticed her outside, she ran and headed for the forest at the edge of the property. During the interrogation with Mary Wilkerson, Scully remembered her saying something about an abandoned farm down the road from her house, just a few miles away. That must be where they had been held this whole time!

She reached the cover of the trees and leaned against one panting. She had to keep going before it got dark. Scully limped forward, trying not to put too much weight on her bitten leg. As the hours passed, it grew darker and the shadows grew longer but Scully kept running. She was almost there! Mary's two story blue house appeared out of the gloom, surrounded by police cars.

Scully staggered out of the woods and ran toward the nearest car. She collapsed onto the ground next to it in exhaustion. The world blacked out around her and she collapsed. The next thing she knew, Agent Krycek was leaning over her, shaking her shoulder. *This was before they found out Krycek was a traitor/spy. Mulder and Scully got this case because he was on vacation*

"Agent Scully! Wh-where have you been?"

"Mulder..! C-captured.." Scully whispered. "Help, need water.." Agent Krycek stood and helped her up. She was led into the house in which she and Mulder had spent the night just five days ago. Alex led her into the kitchen as police officers rushed around. He handed her a glass of water and she drank it thirstily, the water dripping down her torn pajama shirt. Krycek stared down at her, lingering on the pale scarred skin.

Scully finished the glass. "Alright, Krycek. I need you to find me some clothes." She stared down at her ripped and bloody clothing. "Where's- where's Mary?" Just then, a body was carried out in a stretcher covered with a white cloth. "Oh." So that's why no one came to get us... "Grab reinforcements. We've got to leave, now!"