Taken Part Nine- Scully

"No! Fox Mulder, don't you dare leave me!!" Scully yelled angrily at the man. He squeezed her fingers gently and lay still. She turned toward the defibrillator attached to the wall. She ripped the last of the black t-shirt from his chest. The machine beeped, signalling that it was ready with charge. "Clear!" Scully exclaimed, out of habit. She plunged the sparking metal onto his chest. It jolted upward. Beeep.... The heart monitor sounded beside her. "Clear!" Scully once again laid the machine on his chest. For the third go around, Scully increased the electricity.

This time, Mulder's heart started again. She sighed in relief, putting the defibrillator back. The door opened and nurses and medical doctors rushed Mulder away, leaving her behind. A nurse entered the ambulance.

"Ms. Scully. We have been notified of your extensive injuries, please come with me." Scully followed the nurse and was examined by a doctor. She was then put into a hospital for a month to recuperate.

***

Scully had been visited five times already by her family in the past month, all too happy to see her alive. Today was the day that she would be released and she'd be able to see her partner again. Agent Krycek had been updating her on his condition. Apparently he had been put into the ward for Critically Ill patients, and was still in there now. At noon, Scully changed into her clothing with a little difficulty. Her wounds were still not fully healed.

She then went down to the front desk after being discharged, to find which room Mulder had been put in. The nurse inquired, "What is your relation with him, Ms. Scully?" She hesitated. What should she say.

"I'm- I'm his... Friend." Yeah, right.

"Alright. Go up to room 478 on Floor 3." Scully arrived at the door and hesitated. Did she really want to do this? She turned the knob and stepped inside. The room was dark, gloomy, and cool. In the center of the room, lay Mulder on top of the hospital bed. Tubes, wires, and all sorts of medical equipment were connected. He looked much the same as before, ashen grey, with little life. The poison had been driven out of his system by antibiotics but that still did not stop his body from shutting down.

Bandages stretched around his torso, Scully could see it bulging under the thin hospital shirt. She took his hand slowly, which was stiff and cold. "I'll wait for you Mulder. Just, come back to me."

She left the room and walked down the hallway. Krycek would be picking her up as she didn't even have a car. As soon as she got in, she asked, "What happened to the suspects?"

"Well," He said, pulling out of his parking spot. "We caught a woman and apprehended her. We saw no sign of the man and we put the woman into a police car. We then went back inside to find the animals." He paused and looked at her.

"What?"

"We found one alright. It was a blonde wolf with green eyes. It-it attacked and we had to shoot it dead. The weird thing was, when we came back to the police car, the woman had escaped and was later found with a bullet hole in the head." She processed this information. There could only be one rational explanation left, which meant Mulder was right. They had been Taken by Shapeshifters.

***

After two months, Scully had been called back to the hospital. Mulder was waking up. Scully screeched to a stop outside the premises, not even bothering to park her car properly. She ran as fast as her little legs allowed, in heels. The nurses and receptionists who had seen Scully every week since her first visit, watched as she sped by. She rapidly hit the UP button on the elevator. She ran down the hallway and skidded to a stop outside his hospital room. Taking a breath, she opened it slowly.

Scully was the only one in the room. The blinds were still drawn, the only light source being the electric lamp next to his bed. She felt sad, surely she wasn't the only one who cared about Mulder? Scully approached the bed, dreading what she would see. Would she see the weak broken eyes of his when they had spent almost a week captured? Or the ones he had everyday before that? The eyes that hid all the emotion he felt?

"Scully." The hoarse whisper startled her. She hadn't heard his voice since the time he'd told her he loved her, back in the ambulance. Mulder's eyes were open, a clear bright green. She rushed up to him and threw her arms around him in a tight embrace.

"I thought.. I thought I'd never see you again!" She cried into his shoulder. He smelled like the hospital, and oddly, like cold wind and rain. It reminded her of a starry sky. He laughed and hugged her back.

"I'll never leave you Scully. Not again." He pulled back and placed a hand on her cheek. He brushed back the stray hairs. "I love you."

"I love you." Scully whispered, and leaned in. She smiled against his lips. This was where she belonged, in the arms of Fox Mulder.

So I finished this first short story. Updates will be a bit slow from now on but I will still update! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!!

-Manang15