Chapter 11- I Don't Think I'm Ready

Miranda-
I woke up in bed next to Blake. He was sound asleep and his hair was messed up. I got out of bed and slipped on a pair of joggers and a tank top. I went downstairs and saw Joey, Loren, Zach and Ariel all making breakfast. "About time, where's Blake?" Loren asked.

"He's still asleep." She smiled at me and so did Ariel. "What?"

"Nothing," Zach and Joey smirked. Bryce walked in yawning and stretching. "Good morning everyone," he yawned. Then Blake came in smiling. He winked at Joey, then Joey winked at Zach, and then Zach winked at Bryce. Then the girls started.

"Okay someone tell me what's going on."

"Dress fancy, we'regoing out to eat tonight," Ariel said. "We should go to the mall!" Loren said. Ariel and I agreed and we all sat down at the table to eat.

*

"Let's get something nice for tonight," Loren said as we walked into a store. We looked around and I couldn't help but stare at a beautiful dress and heels on a mannequin. "It would look good on you," Ariel's voice brought me back to reality. "You think?"

"Yeah!" Loren smiled. I found my size and went to the dressing room. I stepped out in front of the long mirrors. "You look amazing!" Loren and Ariel said. I spun around and let my dress twirl around in the wind. I loved it. I quickly went back into the dressing room. I got into the clothes I came here with and we shopped for Ariel and Loren.

Miranda:

Ariel:

Ariel:

Loren:

Loren:

When we got home, we went straight to my room

When we got home, we went straight to my room. We did our hair and makeup. Then we put on our dresses. I stood in the mirror and smiled. I love the black lace.
"Hey, I found a note on the counter from Blake." Loren handed me the note.

Dear Miranda,
I love you with all my heart and I want this night to be special. Meet me where we watched the sunset fade to dark on our very first night.
Love Blake.

The park? "We have to go to the park." They smiled and we were off. We pulled into the parking lot of the park and I saw lights coming from the tree on the hill. Loren and Ariel walked with me up the hill. When we got there, Joey, Zach, and Bryce were there. Blake wasn't. "Hey, you look amazing." They all smiled at the three of us. They were all in nice khakis and button down shirts. Joey even had a bow tie. There was a not taped to the tree.

To be or not to be? I think we will last forever. You are the music to my life. You always make me happy and know how to make me smile. That's what I love about you. You aren't afraid to be different and do weird things with me. Follow the flower path to the next stop.
Love Blake

What is this boy up to? I looked around and saw the flowers. They led into the woods. I followed the path and soon saw lights strung from trees and lanterns in the air. I didn't see Blake, but there was another note. I could here music playing. I hummed along to it.

A tornado flew around my room before you came. Excuse the mess it made, it usually doesn't rain in southern California....

I picked up the note and read the lyrics of the song. At the end it said turn around. There stood Blake in a gray tux and a bow tie. "I've been thinking about forever, Miranda." He knelt down in front of me and took my left hand. I clasped my right hand to my mouth. I felt tears coming. "Miranda, will you marry me?" I fell to me knees with him. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

"I, um," I knew it was coming at some point, but why now? I love Blake with all my heart, but I'm not ready to get married. We're only 19. "Blake, I don't think I'm ready, I'm so sorry." I cried. He wiped my tears from my eyes.

"Hey, just because you have a ring doesn't mean we have to get married right away. I will wait till you're ready, as long as I get to call you mine." I looked up at him and hugged him tight. There we were, on our knees in the woods holding each other.