Chapter 1

"Captain Morgan, what a beautiful September morning, isn't it?" 17 year old Sarah said as she entered the newly furnished pub down Fleet Street. Captain Morgan Rackham is famous for his special rums. On September days like this, sailors and pirates come to enjoy the last of the temperate season in Bilgewater. Drinking the last of the summer ales and participating in wild and unruly games.

"Ahoy, me dear Sarah. How be ye? Here to heartly enjoy th' festivities, eh?" He ignored her question as he summoned Sarah to come near him.

Sarah doesn't talk pirate. But she understands what they're saying. She is fine with how she talks and she doesn't want to talk like the filthy pirates that surround her.

"I'm good, Captain. And you?" 

"Very well. No job today, eh, lassie?" She laughed at that one. Sarah is a bounty hunter. And a very good one. At her young age, she has been training to become the greatest bounty hunter in all of Valoran. These pirates can't get enough of her because of her beauty and her charms. But they are just pain in Sarah's ass.

"No Captain. I have no bounties today. But you know very well that I am still in training, right?

"Ye been training all yer life, lassie. Ye be more than ready!" He practically yelled in her face. You know how loud pirates can be. But Sarah can't exactly disagree with him on this one. Yes, she has been training all her life. 

"Yeah, well..." She trailed off. "I'm here for the festies, Captain. Aren't the other sailors coming? It might be early but usaully people are here by this time." 

The festivities are not appropriate to children, but you get used to it, one way or another.

Lady Luck, is a gambling tournament. Skill is just as highly prized as being quickest to draw the knife in your boot. A vast assortment of games and competitions await, with gold Valors passing hands after every blackjack and snake eyes on the table. Lady Luck can be a fickle mistress, easily swayed by a card up your sleeve and the words "all or nothin'".

Drink the Water, is an actual challenge pirates accept. They order the Bilgewater special, which is a foul and unidentifiable mix of liquor from behind the bar with each pirate mixing in a bit of everything they could find around their table or in their pockets. It is by far the most abominable, obnozious, vile thing I have ever witnessed because it is very disgusting. And the brave one to drink it all gets a pack on the back, and an evening's worth of indigestion. Not worth it.

Last festival, is The Ruckus. Pirates would leap aboard a ship in a King of the Hill competition to see who can stay at the top of the Crow's Nest the longest armed with only a wooden club or an abandoned peg leg. Winner would be crowned the Captain of The Ruckus for the whole year. And shoes are prohibited.

Sarah has never enlisted herself to be part of the festives. She just enjoys watching the stinky pirates suffer. They are hilarious to look at when they are in agony. Sometimes, Sarah is such a bitch.

"Here they come, Sarah. Be ye sure ye're not goin' to join th' festival 'tis year?"