The Cat Whisperer

Waking up to what sounded like a ticking bomb counting down till it explodes.

Pulling the duvet back over my face till I realized it was a school day, I leapt out of bed, stumbling as I rushed to put my colour coded uniform on.

As soon as I had done I had no time to stop for breakfast, I was so hungry and eager to have breakfast but I  couldn't. At the same time mum and dad were both teasing me as they were munching on buttery toast.

Hesitantly my body was carrying itself out of the front door, I had 15 minutes to get to school before the gates get locked.

"Ah shoot I've got 5 minutes left I have to be quick" running along the path I bumped into a really strange looking person for some reason when I bumped into them they felt as soft as a cat, looking up I noticed it was a guy. "I'm so sorry about that, but please excuse me I'm in a rush I'm going to be late for school" But before he had the chance to reply I rushed off, I hadn't noticed that I had left my art folder behind.

"YES!" I've made it just in time. I took my seat near my child hood friend Natasha, she looked at me very oddly. "What's wrong?" I asked. "we have art today, where's your folder" That was when I realized I was clumsy enough to leave my greatest possession behind. "I must go back and look for it" I replied, but once I got to the place where I bumped into the strange looking guy, it was nowhere to be found. It was like half of my heart was missing.

I returned to school empty handed but for some strange reason I was called to the office, "But what for?" I thought to myself. As soon as I had got there I saw it, there on the desk. I suddenly went to grab it, when I felt my heart was struck by lightening. The teacher rushed over to me and asked me what was wrong. I suddenly collapsed to the floor so he picked me up and carried me to the infirmary.

Meanwhile, outside on the graffiti wall the strange looking cat guy was standing there watching over me like a bird in a tree, he looked as though he was in deep thought. "That's got to be her, she has to be the cat whisperer" He thought to himself.

Suddenly, in the infirmary my eyes were the most unusual eyes ever, it's like my eyesight had been sharpened "Why, Why can I see all these things", next minute, I began to hear voices in my head, yet I couldn't quite tell what they were saying. "STOP! STOP! I don't want to hear any more." Suddenly a hand reached out to me gripping my arm to make sure I was ok then all of a sudden everything had returned to normal. "Where, where is it, my folder, I have to find it." "don't worry Chelsea it's right here" Mr Bubble repeated to get my attention. With that I was as ease. I opened my folder to make sure everything was still in there. I could see clearly that nothing had been touched. "But how did it end up in the office?" I asked. But no one could say, apparently it just turned up.

Rising up out of the infirmary bed I made my way to next lesson. 

As I entered the girls changing rooms I began to undress, all the other girls were all gossiping about how they can't wait to do PE with the boys, I was so frustrated, if I hear another thing being said about boy I think I will just freak out literally. Well here we are in the sports hall with all the boys, "Hurray!" I thought to myself sarcastically.

Strolling over to Natasha, asking her if she knows what we are doing, she replied with "Capture the flag." I absolutely love that game. Me and Natasha were both setting up the lesson as the Mr Bubble asks us to every lesson, but we've got so used to it he doesn't even have to ask us any more, and for that I get called Bubbles pet by the popular girls and their boyfriends join in, laughing at me, that's why I can't stand popular people at all, they even have the cheek to ask my dearest friend ever to join their group but she says no, every time I can see her hesitating so I'm pretty sure that she will soon become one of them, well I mean I can tell that she really wants to be in their group, not that I'm doubting her or anything, it's just I want what's best for the both of us, even if she does join the "Diva babes" I'm fine with that and we shall stay childhood friends for life. 

Finally Mr Bubbles had finished organizing something and we could get on with the lesson, although I never knew that this lesson would change my life forever; we all got organised into two different teams and the game began.

When in teams we had to organize where we went, I was always pushed to the side, because I was always with the "Diva babes", me and Natasha were always split up into two different teams, I hated it. I felt so alone, I just kept myself to myself that's all I could do really. I just drifted away into a wonderful world of my own, a world where I, yes I was a cat, I mean its better than feeling abandoned, am I right. no one wants to feel abandoned. I imagined everyone around me to be cat's not forgetting that I was an out-cast and that I wasn't really a cat. 

Half way through the first game William (Will for short) was already in the winning zone all he has to do now is get the ball back to our side and we've won the first game, before I knew it he was back. His girlfriend Chloe (the leader of the "Diva babes") walked up to him and put her arms round him then they both kissed "Err! Makes me feel sick" I thought to myself "Get a room" 

it was the fifth game now 3:1 to us. All the boys are shattered and they're even dripping with sweat just by running back and forth. I knew it was my turn to take over because everyone on my team were giving me evil looks.

Standing there waiting for the ref to blow the whistle. Hearing the whistle echoing in the background I knew something had changed. Looking at my opponent, trying to analyse their next movements. By the look on their faces they were going to keep an eye on will not noticing me in the background. 

My eyes were feasting on the gaming area looking for a place to move, Natasha looked at me knowing it was my turn so she helped me out by glancing at the safety zone, while she was protecting the ball I ran towards the safety zone, curving towards a different direction, I was just in line of the ball, next thing I knew I was already in the flag zone, I grabbed hold of the ball as tightly as I could and ran back to base noticing my speed had been accelerated. Everyone looked at me as if to say "She can't be human at that speed." My heart was aching. I clutched hold of my chest not being able to breath. Everyone was laughing at me part from Natasha. Withdrawing from the game I exited through the fire exit and into the outside area.

In the corner of my eye I saw that man again, I never got a proper glance at him. I staggered over to him thanking him for returning my art folder and apologizing for bumping into him with that I fainted in his arms. He picked me up and carried me over to the sports hall exit to where the teachers were, he asked "Where shall I take her?" "Follow me!" Mr Bubbles replied. They lay me on a bed in the infirmary I was sweating really bad every bone in my body was authentically painful. Natasha came running in terrified of what had happened, her eyes were full of tears thinking she was going to loose me. My breaths were slowing down I thought I was going to die.

"Where am I, I must be dead, or am I dreaming?" Abruptly I heard a voice calling my name. "Chelsea, Chelsea, can you hear me please wake up!"

A flash of light appeared in front of me saying, " Go back! Go back! Don't give in to the darkness." For some reason the voice sounded so familiar. "WAIT! DON'T GO! Please tell me who you are" I yelled at the top of my voice. My face began to soften. Gasping, deeply trying to breathe and get my heart rate back to normal. "NO! NO! NOT AGAIN" I screamed as I covered my ears, "Why can I hear these voices?" "Leave me alone" I pleaded.

Mr Bubble leapt out of his seat "It's happening again" he stated while grabbing hold of my wrist, then all of a sudden I regained conscious, squinting as it was too bright for me too see anything, I could just make out the figures of a medium sized girl, a boy and a quite tall man.

Not long after; my sight returned to me; looking around the room, seeing all the worried faces glancing over the place where I lay. "Chelsea your awake, thank goodness your ok" Natasha cried while hugging me tightly. "Natasha" I replied gasping for air. "I can't breath" whilst saying sorry she released her grip from me.