CONVENTIONAL ME

Dedicated to TahliePurvis Her book 'The Girl He Left Behind' gave me this idea.
@arkhamsangel for the song recommendation. Fits perfectly!

______________________

Song of the Chapter:
Bad Reputation — Shawn Mendes

As Kacie stared at the ceiling, tracing random patterns with her eyes, she went over her latest discovery.

The bed dipped as an additional weight lowered beside her. She turned her head to look at the reason for her skipping school yet again. She was sure her mom would have her head if she ever found out about this.

Her eyes flickered down to Irvin's abs and her tongue darted out of her mouth to sweep over her lips unconsciously.

Irvin followed the movement with his eyes and looked back up into her eyes. He couldn't help but feel drawn to their blueness like a moth to flames.

"You have the prettiest eyes, Kace," he murmured and her stomach did that flipping thingy it had been doing earlier. She brought a finger up to trace down his spine with a smirk.

"Well of course, I do," she replied with a smug look but one glimpse at his face and she amended, "Uh yeah, thanks."

"Sure. C'mon, let me drop you off. My little sister will be home soon."

Kacie nodded and did as he asked. She put on her skimpy cheerleading uniform and pulled her hair back into a ponytail. As she pulled her clothing back on, a thought popped into her mind.

Why couldn't she be like other girls who had a boyfriend that would show her off to his family members? She didn't want to be the girl you would call to warm your bed and confess your true feelings to only to say you didn't do commitments. Because she did.

This meant one thing though, he thought of her as what the others also think. Irvin thought she was a slut.

As they drove back to her house with Neyo singing in the background, Kacie felt his eyes on the side of her face but the moment it was there, it was gone.

Irvin had to confess, she was beautiful. He had been asking her to come with him after school every day now. Not only because he thought she was good in bed, but for a selfish purpose; he wanted her for himself alone. He didn't want her sleeping around with other guys just in the name of upholding what people expected of her.

Kacie Simms that he knew was not the dumb girl everyone saw; she was exceptionally smart for her own good. Kacie wasn't fake and plastic, she was as real as an average teenage girl could be. She wasn't a queen bee/slut like they all thought, she was a beautiful girl although she could be quite a b*tch with how terribly blunt she was.

And the most disappointing thing of all, he was just like her. Maybe not as sweet and smart and beautiful but in upholding what people thought, they were just alike. Sure, he took pride in playing girls but that was before he knew her. The real her.

Kacie had found out all about the case with his father as she had stumbled across his file in her dad's office. Her father was the lawyer defending Irvin's dad. And while the case of alleged theft against his dad was going on, Irvin had to take care of his little sister, Cher and Kacie had been of utmost support the entire time.

While she sometimes sent gifts to his little sister through him, Irvin never wanted Kacie to meet Charlie just yet because he was - simply put- scared.

The family part to him was like opening a new chapter of his life to her and he wasn't sure he was ready to do that just yet. How glad it would make him but really, was Kacie also ready? Was she ready to give up who she was pretending to be for him? Was she ready to pull down her façade and risk her whole high school life for him? That, he had no answer to.

They got to Azalea Avenue and he pulled into her driveway. As she got out of the car, she looked back at him with a smile. One filled with untold promises. She planned on well using her little discovery today: Irvin Lucks likes her.

Might as well make him quit his ways just for her. For the first time, the bad boy will turn a new leaf just for the queen bee.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

Okay!

This was just a little something that popped into my head and I decided to write it out.

I hope you enjoyed anyways. Kindly leave a COMMENT and while you're at it, click on that LITTLE STAR down there.

Kisses.....