Chapter 8 // The Truth & The Reconciliation

Start from the beginning

Kaoru scoffed, “I don’t care about him. I care about my—“

That’s it. I elbowed Kaoru. “Uhmf!” She turned to me and glared. “THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!” She screeched.

“You are so stubborn!” I yelled angrily, “Be considerate of other people’s feelings for once Kaoru!” I walked away and sat on the bleachers.

Kaoru just ‘tsk’-ed and rubbed her sore belly where I elbowed her, HARD. I’m fed up of her attitude. Can’t she be considerate? Boomer wants to apologize, I don’t know what he did but at least he’ll apologize. We can talk about his faults after this whole shebang.

~~~~

//Boomer’s POV

“She has a minor head injury but she’ll be fine. She’s stable” The nurse grinned at me.

“Will there be a chance she’ll have amnesia?” I asked worriedly. She already has a minor head injury, having amnesia would only make it more badly.

The nurse shook her and gave me a tight smile. Do nurses smile like this every time? It’s beginning to give me the creeps.

“No there won’t so rest assured. I’ll leave you two here for a minute alright? The principal just called me to a brief meeting… so if you ever need help don’t hesitate to call me”

With a nod of my head she left the office, leaving me with a peacefully asleep Miyako by my side. I looked at her sleeping face and with just one look from her made my body relax and the tensions go away. She looks like an angel from the heavens. 

I sighed and muttered words of apology, “I’m so sorry Miyako… if it weren’t for my idiocy… all of this wouldn’t have happened” I buried my face in my hands and closed my eyes tight shut.

‘I’m so stupid’ I said to my self

After a few minutes of silence, somebody giggled. I opened my eyes and quickly sat straight up. Miyako was awake and she looked at me with a warm gentle smile. Only this time, she has bandages in her head.

“Oh don’t worry about it, Boomer. Being an idiot is your specialty” She chuckled and groaned right after.

“A-are you okay?!”

“Don’t worry. I’m fine”

I sighed with relief and slumped on my chair. There was a moment of silence. No one muttered a single word. But awkwardly, it was a comfortable silence.

“I should be the one apologizing…” She mumbled. My head snapped and I looked at her questioningly.

“Why?”

She shifted uncomfortably in my gaze, “I was acting immaturely and… I should know too well that the words you said didn’t mean anything” She says quietly avoiding looking in my eyes.