Chapter 4

Another few weeks passed by and not much happened. Again, I tried not to get noticed too much.

This is it. This is the day I'm going on my senior field trip.

To Paris.

The city of love.

With Mr. Hawthorne.

A part of me is really dreading this trip, but I also know it's going to be great, because I'm going to Paris with my best friend.

I throw my blanket off of me as I rapidly blink my eyes, adjusting to the sunlight that's peeking through the gap between my curtains. I groan.

I don't care if it's a fun day or not, getting up is still a bitch.

I roll out of bed and walk to my window to open my curtains. I shiver as I feel my bare feet on the cold floor of my bedroom, so I decide to take a hot shower. I walk into my bathroom, take a quick, hot shower and dry myself with a fluffy towel afterwards. I put on a simple black cotton bra and matching panties, comfy jeans and a big, soft sweater, since I'd be on a plane for a few hours.

Before going downstairs for breakfast, I quickly check if I have everything I need in my suitcase. I'm still debating with myself about whether or not I should pack my sexy black lingerie set.

Oh, whatever, it comes with for free.

I swiftly stuff the set into my suitcase, zip it up and run downstairs, but not before stealing a pair of socks from my dad's room.

''Violet! Are you almost ready?'' I hear my mom, just as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

I smile and kiss her cheek, ''Yes, mom.''

''I made you pancakes!'' My mom squeals excitedly.

I thank her, finish my pancakes and say my goodbyes to my parents, which was harder than I had expected.

''Please come back home as a whole!'' My mom says as she kisses my cheek and hugs me tight.

''Relax, sweetheart, she'll be okay!'' My dad tells my mom, while gently rubbing her back.

''Don't flirt with too many French hotties!'' My mom says as soon as she catches her breath again. My dad softly nudges her while chuckling.

He hugs me tight and kisses the top of my head. ''Be careful, little girl.''

I give both my parents one last tight hug and I walk out the door. ''Have fun!'' I hear my parents call as I close the door behind me.

I walk towards the bus stop, which is really close to my house, and only have to wait for about a minute before it arrives. I drag my suitcase with me into the bus and take a window seat. I stare out of the window throughout the 10 minute bus ride. When it arrives at my school, I already see Julie waiting for me at the school's entrance. I jump out of the bus and run up to her and she hugs me tightly, showing how nervous she was. Julie has never flown before and she told me she's actually more nervous about the flight than the trip itself.

I see Mr. Hawthorne coming up to us in a calm pace.

''Are you girls excited for the trip?'', he asks, flashing us his million dollar smile.

I want to respond, but Jules already starts rambling about how excited she is and how she's never flown before. He's listening to her with an interested look on his face, but I can't help but notice him glancing in my direction every few seconds.

Or am I just imagining it?

''Alright everyone, listen up! The bus has just arrived; it's leaving in half an hour, so get all your bags up front and loaded into the bus. The drive to the airport will only be around forty-five minutes. Understood?'' Mrs. Adams – my History teacher – says. I hear a few people mumble a ''Yes, miss'' as I pull my suitcase in the bus's direction and get into the bus afterwards. I take a seat next to Julie and place my head on her shoulder. ''It's too early.'' I mumble to her. I feel her nod in response.

Mr. Hawthorne gets into the bus lastly, giving us a strange look and a smirk as he walks to his seat. In front of us.

Well, there we go.