Chapter 3: surprise

The rest of the week went by quickly and I tried to keep myself off the radar.

So now I'm sitting in the passenger's seat of Julie's car, only half-listening to what she's saying.

She's rambling about the senior field trip everyone is talking about. It's quite an exciting topic, every year, all seniors go to some big city around the world, usually in Europe. But right now, I'm just really tired. I stare out the window and try to pay attention, but I feel my eyes slowly close until I drift off into a deep sleep.

''Violet? Violet! Vi!'', I feel someone nudging my shoulder and my eyes fly open.

''Argh, God, Jules, you scared me!'' I put my hand on my chest and I feel my heart beating rapidly.

''Yeah, you've been acting quiet. So, what's up?'' She smiles as she thinks about the things my mind could be at.

''Nothing, Jules, it's nothing. Just tired.'' I say with a smile, not wanting her to get suspicious.

She shrugs her shoulders. ''Alright... So are you looking forward to our field trip?'' Her eyes grow with excitement and anticipation, a smile forming on her lips.

I sigh, ''Yeah, I guess. Do you know which teachers are going to be escorting us?''

She frowns, ''Hm, I don't know... I'm hoping for Mr. Hawthorne though!''

Upon hearing her words, I nervously laugh.

I really hope not.

***

I walk into the classroom, lightly hanging my head. English used to be my favorite subject, but now I just can't stand looking at my teacher, 'Mr. Hawthorne', after what we did.

''Good morning class, I have exciting news for you all!'', Mr. Hawthorne says as we all take our seats.

''Exciting for us or exciting for you?'', I mumble.

''Excuse me? What was that, miss Campbell?'' Mr. Hawthorne gives me a pointed look.

''Nothing,'' I spit out.

His look goes to confused and back to excited about what he's about to tell us.

''I am very glad to tell you, that I, along with some other teachers, will be escorting you on your senior year field trip!'' He smiles excitedly, and I hear a few people cheer and some girls giggle.

''And I will also reveal to you what big city you will be going to. Does anyone have any idea?'' he continues.

''London!'', someone at the back of the class shouts.¬¬¬

''No, that's not it,'' he responded.

''Barcelona!'' one of the school's biggest sluts – her name was Jenny, I think – shouted.

''Nope!''

''Amsterdam!''

''If only!''

''Paris,'' I whispered.

''Yes, miss Campbell, that is correct.'' He looked at me. ''How'd you know?''

I shrugged, ''I guessed.''

''We are going to Paris!'' he proudly stated.

I heard cheers from all over the classroom, and after a few seconds of watching Julie's happiness, I joined in.

A/N: I'm thinking about creating a cast, but I have a realy hard time thinking of anyone suited for any of my characters... Any ideas?