Chapter 7 : Unconrolable Anger

Bonnie stayed with me for the rest of the weekend. I wanted to be 100% sure that she was sober before letting her home. I didn't want to risk it. Especially with Mr Brennan. Don't get me wrong he's a lovely man, and a great dad. But he has a bit of an anger problem. He lashes out sometimes over the silliest things. So I don't want to find out what he'd do if he caught Bonnie drinking.  

A positive affect from Bonnie's presents is Conner. I can't get rid of him. If he's not around to chat up Bonnie, he's harassing me to say good things about him to her. She's loving the attention. Even though it's Conner, and she doesn't feel the same way about him. But she is the youngest and the only daughter, so she loves being in the spotlight.  

Both Conner and Bonnie have apologised to me. I was very surprised when Conner asked me to forgive him for not helping me with Devon on Friday night. Iris did ground me for a week though. But it's only till Saturday so I can still go to Reece's match on Sunday. 

------------------------------/-//---------------------------/-/--/- 

The snow is turning into mush, so I put on my red pock'a dot wellie boots. The school isn't a long walk, it only takes ten minutes. I leave early, as usual. Connor is still in bed. I never walk with him anyway.  

I try my best to keep my head forward, but I'm tempted to look at the woods. I can feel someone staring at me, watching me. But there's no one around, It's too early. My temptation grows stronger. I start to walk faster. I slowly glance to my left and my heart stops. Between the trees, among the mist. I see him. Well his eyes anyway. I'm frozen, my body refuses to move. A couple of minutes pass, but nether one of us moves. Both of us locked on each others eyes. I hear a car horn and turn away. But when I turn back he's gone.  

I enter through one of the back doors of the school. Only staff and parents can enter at the main doors. I walk the long, tiled corridor. There's not many people here. There never is this early. Most people who are here are kids who live outside town and get the seven am bus every morning. I stop at the bathrooms. I lift my bag onto the sinks and take out my make up and hair brush. Time to make myself look presentable! I take my hair out of the messy bun that I slept in. My golden hair is very silky, so it doesn't take much dragging of the hairbrush to untangle the nots. I tie it up into a high ponytail.  

As I'm finishing off my eyeliner a first year walks in. Shes tiny, and so adorable. Her navy jumper is about three sizes too big for her, and her pleated, black skirt is around her ankles. The uniform is hideous. Her ginger, red hair is neatly plated in pigtails. When she sees me her grey eyes widen. She looks embarrassed and goes to leave.  

"Oh I-I'm s-sorry,"says the first year.  

"Why?"I say. 

"Coz I shouldn't be in here."  

"But it's the only girls bathroom."

"Still. I shouldn't be in the same place as the seniors."

"Who said that to you?"

She just stands there for a few seconds. Playing with the ends of her plats. Avoiding making eye contacted with me. "Who was it?"I say sweetly.  

She looks up at me."Kayla Hogan, Tara Wright and Hazel Richardson."  

I laugh. "Don't mind them. There only forth years. They can't say stuff like that. They've only been seniors for four months." 

The adorable girl smiles at me. She walks past me into one of the cubicles. I put away all my stuff and fix my uniform. At least mine isn't as bad as the juniors. First till third year have the same uniform as the girl. Forth till sixth years have a royal blue jumper instead of the navy one. Also unlike the girl, I wear my skirt above my knee.  

"I'm Katie by the way," says the girl.  

"I'm Jane. And don't let those girls bully you anymore Katie, okay?" I say.  

"Okay," she says leaving the bathroom. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I close my locker to see Reece's ugly mug is where the door was. He's making some weird face at me. 

"Hey girl," he says.  

"Hey yourself," I say.  

"How's Bonnie?" 

"Fine. It took two days for her hangover to fully ware off. But she was her bubbly self again when she went home. Her parents just thought we were having some mega sleepover to make up for her being away for almost two weeks. But Tailor was still not buying it."

"I still can't believe Jordo. I know he's a prick. But I can't believe he just left her. Anything could of happened to her. And if anything did I would of gone straight to him and ripped him apart. But first I would of cut off each of his fingers one by one. Then I would strap him to a pole and use him as a punching bag until he was barley conchs." 

Reece's tone really scared me. He was almost shouting. And he was full of rage. His fists were white and his nostrils where flaring.  

"Reece clam down." 

He releases his hands. And takes a couple of deep breaths. "Sorry. I don't know what came over me."

The bell rings and we walk to maths. The class is up on the second floor. Reaching the last step, I relies I forgot my calculator.  

"I have to run back to my locker, I forgot something."

"Want me to come with you?"

"No it's fine. I'll be two seconds."  

As I reach the last step again, I hear screaming and chanting. I quicken my pace, because I have a sickly feeling about the noise and I can finally hear what there chanting. It's coming from the end of the hall, where my maths class is. I brake into a run and barge into the room. There is a huge crowd in the room. All shouting "fight, fight, fight, fight." I push through the crowd by elbowing a lot of people. When I get to the front my fears are conformed. Reece is on top of Jordo. Lashing him with punches. Jordo's face is oozing with blood, and Reece is covered in it. Bonnie is screaming at Reece to stop. Jordo punches Reece, and he is thrown off him. Both of them get to their feet and Jordo runs at Reece. Reece lifts the teachers desk beside him and throws it at Jordo. He falls to the floor again. People start gasping at what Reece just did. That desk is huge and Reece doesn't have much muscle. Where did his sudden super human strength come from? Reece is back again on top of Jordo punching his face. I have to stop him. He's going to kill Jordo. I push the two girls that are in front of me and run to Reece. I grab the back of his arms and try to pull him off Jordo. He's wriggling out of my grasp every time I pull him.  

"Reece stop," I plea.  

"Let go of me Jane," he bites.  

"Please stop." 

I feel someone behind me. I look to see who it is, hoping its not a teacher. But my heart skips for joy, it's Aiden. He grabs Reece's other arm. Both of us pull and we get him off Jordo. Reece wriggles aggressively, but Aiden holds him firmly. Bonnie flings herself on top of Jordo, tears poring out of her eyes. The crowd quickly scatters.  

"Aiden, Reece, Jane, Bonnie and Jordan get to my office RIGHT NOW," says Mr Rouch's booming voice.