Chapter 4: The Doyle's

I stared into his eyes. I've always loved hazel eyes. Especially his. I love the way they lit up anytime I smiled at him. I love the hint of yellow in them that made them unusual. He was talking about football, and was shocked that I knew some stuff about it. Well some stuff is an understatement, I know a lot about football, thanks to Reece. He has me an expert in all things sport.

He had noticed me shivering and gave me his school jacket. I love how kind he is.We are in the same school, St Johns. He is a year ahead of me though. But every minute I spend with him I find myself liking him more.

I snapped out if my thoughts when he stopped talking. Shit I wasn't paying attention.

"Will you?" says Aidan.

"Em sure," I say. I have no idea what he just asked me, but whatever it was it couldn't be so bad.

"You'll probably be there already for Reece." He says.

Be there for Reece? He probably means the match. Wait did ask me to go and watch him play?

"And now for you." I smile at him and his eyes light up again.

"We're playing St Martin's. There the team that won last year."

Great we are talking about football.

"That's the team that had the fat guy who broke Reece's leg." I said.

"Yeah that's them. He's now banned." He told me.

"Good. Reece was out for six months because of him." I said.

I heard the snow crunching again. Aidan must of heard it too because both of us turned to see what it was.

"Speak of the devil," says Aidan.

Reece stood in the middle of the road with a similar sports bag and a puzzled look on his face. He looks so dozy when he does that. Reece is a pretty lanky lad. His mousy bown hair sticks up in all directions. He is one of the very few people that have the same dark, green eyes as me and my mam.

Reece walked over to me and Aidan. He kept is eyes on me with the same dopy, puzzled look. He pushed me over to the edge of the bench and sat between me and Aidan. He flung his arms over our shoulders and pulled us towards him. "This is all very romantic. When can we expect the wedding? I better get to be a bridesmaid. "

My face would of been bright red from embarrassment, if it wasn't already bright red from the cold.

"So no hard feelings over Aidan getting to be captain instead of you Reece," I say. "I know how much you wanted it."

It was harsh and blunt, but it shut him up. He let go of our shoulders and put his hands on his lap. "No of course not." I could hear the pain in his voice. "Aidan boy deserved it." He gave Aidan a punch on the arm.

"I'm glad you think so," says Aidan.

"What you two love birds doing out here anyway?" says Reece.

"Waiting for you actually," says Aidan.

"For me?" says Reece.

"Yeah Jane was heading over to your house when I saw her," says Aidan.

"Oh yeah I forgot you were staying in mine tonight," says Reece instantly understanding I had a fight with Iris. "Well we better go then, I forgot my keys and dad is up early so we can't be too late."

We all stood up off the bench. Reece lifted up his bag he tossed on the snow and began to walk. I unzipped Aidan's jacket but he stopped me.

"No keep it on," says Aidan. "Reece can give it to me and the boots at training."