Chapter 3

Woosh, woosh, woosh. I pushed open my heavy eye lids and looked out the car window. "Where are we?" I gasped, seeing the beautiful clear blue water and breath taking sunset as the waves crashed on the shore. "Paradise." Liam said casually, a small smile forming on his lips. "How did we get all the way out here?" I questioned, still gawking at the view. "I honestly don't know, but I'm glad we did." He looked over at me, and I saw something in his eyes I hadn't seen before. "Me too." I replied. He chuckled grabbing my hand, one still on the steering wheel. "Eli?" "Yeah?" "I-" 

"We're here," I heard the muster of Liam's voice in my ears. "5 more minutes mom," I replied, wanting to finish the what seems like perfect dream. He snorted. "Get up you dofus." He said, shaking my shoulders lightly. I half smiled, my eyes still closed. "But I don't wanna." "Have you always been this stubborn?" Then I heard the car door shut. Finally some peace and qui- My car door was open now, and .5 seconds later Liam's arms were under me, carrying me bridal style and putting me down after a couple of steps away from the car. Right when my feet touched the ground I darted back over to the vehicle but right when I reached the handle, *click click*. It locked. I looked over at Liam who shook the car keys and motioned for me to come on. We were in the middle of no where, out in the woods. "How far did we drive?" "About an hour or so. You said to surprise you." I smirked at him. "So, the surprise is that we're lost?" He nodded. I laughed. "Shut up, Eli May." I loved being called that, but not by anyone other than Li. He called me that the first day we met, actually. I thought it was cute and it just sort of stuck with us. I haven't heard it in awhile. "Shut up, Eli May." I repeated, mocking his voice. He stopped walking and turned around. "Did you seriously just go there?" I winked playfully at him. "I went there." He ran at me and I booked it the opposite direction, too bad I don't have shoes on so he caught me and picked me up from behind, his muscular arms wrapped around my waist, my back pressed to his stomach. He spun me around as I laughed, and then came the thunder. We both stopped simultaneously, and he set me down. "Uh-oh." 

Down pour. If I was going to describe this type of rain in one word, it would be down pour. We don't really care though, playing in the rain is always worth getting wet. We held each others hands and spun around and around laughing and looking up at the sky above. Lightning shot across it and my eyes widened. "Ahh," I squealed pulling off his hands and landing in his chest, my arms going around his waist. "Help me." I whined. He chuckled making my head vibrate. "Don't laugh, you know how scared I am of thunder storms." He tried to hold his smile down as I looked up at him, attempting to see through the rain that was beginning to slow. "Sorry, sorry." He muttered and wrapped his arms around my waist too, bringing me in a protective embrace. "Is otay." I mumbled into his glorious smelling chest. He chuckled again. "Let's head to the car?" I nodded, grabbing a hold of his hand. I was shivering. He looked me up and down. "You want my sweatshirt? I have an extra in the car." I smiled warmly. "Yes please. That sounds lovely right about now." I replied as he unlocked the car and opened the door for me. I thanked him as I hopped in. He turned the heat on full blast, and reached back to get his sweatshirt. "Here you go," He said and I grabbed it and threw it on. It's so big and warm. I covered my hands with the ends of the sleeves and stuck my head inside too, taking a big sniff of his scent. "You look like you don't have a head," He laughed. I popped my head through the whole and stuck my tongue out at him.

"You smell good." I spoke randomly as we drove along the gravel road. "You do too." He added, and I giggled. "And what is it that I smell like?" I replied with pursed lips. "Like flowers. Or a sunset. Yeah, a sunset." I smiled at him. "A sunset? Really Li?" The crinkles appeared by his eyes as he smirked. "Yes. You smell beautiful, like a sunset." The idea of a sunset made me think of my dream. What was he gonna say? "Okay," I giggled. "You smell like a.." I thought for a minute. He waited patiently. "Like an ocean breeze." He smiled, eyes still on the road. "I smell like salt?" I shook my head. "No, you smell relaxing, like an ocean breeze." 

The rest of the ride consisted of cheesy pick up lines. For example; "You look cold, want to use me as a blanket?" That was Liams. I laughed so hard. "Use that one on girls. It's a keeper." I had said, and he winked. We finally pulled into my driveway around 6:30 in the evening. When he parked, I turned to look at him, still snuggled up against the seat and the heat of his jacket. "You should carry me in. I'm too comfy to move." He just looked at me and then got out of the car, walking to my side. He opened my door and picked me up bridal style again, carrying me in my house and up the stairs to my bedroom, laying me gently on the bed. He lied down next to me. I snuggled into his shoulder and his arm immediately went around me. We stared at the ceiling for a while. I thought about my dream. What could it mean? Was he gonna say something silly like 'I really want some sea food.'?  Or was he gonna say something important? I also thought about earlier today, when Li called me Eli May. I decided to venture into a daydream about the first time we met. 

"Elizabeth? We have some visitors!" My seven year old self skidded down the stairs in my footie pjs, and looked at the little boy and his mum at the door. "Who's that?" I said, pointing to the brown eyed kid that I  had no idea I would soon call my best friend. He hid further behind Karen's legs. My mum chuckled. "Now Eli, be polite. This is Mrs. Karen and Liam! They are our neighbors now, how exciting is that?" I shrugged. "I dunno." Mrs. Karen chuckled too. I want to know what's so funny. My mummy invited them in, and her and Mrs. Karen started talking about work. I stood next to this Liam kid. "Hi, you wanna come play with me?" I said, grabbing his arm and tugging him along anyways whether he liked it or not. He didn't seem to mind. "So, this is my room. Do you like stuffed animals?" I pointed to my huge collection of animals and ran over to it. "This is Trevor, he's a black lab. And this is-" "What's your middle name?" I crossed my arms at him. "I wasn't finished." He crossed his arms too. "I want to know what your middle name is. Mines James. Tell me yours." I stuck my tongue out at him. "My full name is Elizabeth May Hamilton." I said, very snotty like. I loved my name. I was very proud of it. He looked at me for a minute, cocking his head to the side. "I'm gonna call you.. Eli May." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I've never been called that before." He smiled. "That's the point. Now tell me this ones name. He's cool looking." He replied pointing behind me to my rainbow alligator. 

Who knew that was the start of such a beautiful friendship? 

(A/N I'm sorry this chapter sucks, I just got through my first full week of highschool and I am finally getting started on getting into the main conflict. Please be patient. & comment what you think. WHO SAW THIS IS US? It was perfection. I may post again tonight because I love you guys. - Alexis)