[024]

lol look its me im literally alive

If I learned anything at all from being shot, it was definitely that I hated hospitals. They were cold, uncomfortable and the nurses were downright unbearable. In and out, back and forth, buzzing around my goddamned bed like they had no other patients to tend to. I didn't have any visitors for a long time, which kind of pissed me off. Didn't anyone give a fuck about me? Not even Gerard?

I'd been confined to this damned bed for three days when there was a quiet knock on my door as it opened, and when I saw the curly-haired woman with professional-looking glasses, the only thing running through my mind was 'dammit, this isn't the type of company I wanted.'

"Hey, Frank!" Christina practically shouted, making me wince. "How're you feeling, bud?" She gave a sympathetic smile, one of those that screams 'wow, it must suck to get shot— wonder what that's like?'

Alright, first of all, I am not your 'bud'. And second of all, I'm sure you'd love to know how I'm feeling. I could help you out with that whole getting shot thing, if that's what you're looking for.

"Never been better, Christina," I said through heavily clenched teeth, containing the impulse to slap her fucking glasses off. She gave a loud shriek of laughter and sat on the corner of my bed. There are other places to sit, asshole.

Christina gave my leg a pat, then drew her hand away quickly as if doing so much as touching my calf can trigger blinding pain in my abdomen. "There were a few people from group that wanted to see you, is that okay?"

No. "Yeah, sure."

Pushing her frizzy hair behind her left ear, Christina got up and stuck her head out the door, standing there for quite a long moment. I could've slammed the door on her neck and all my problems would've been resolved. Except that one tiny problem with the hole in my stomach.

"Frank," Christina said, opening the heavy wooden door and stepping back, allowing three people to enter the room, "this is Andy, Ryan, and Jamia."

There were two boys and a girl, whom I automatically assumed was Jamia. She had long, dark hair and bright red lips, her hand linked with the boy with slightly wavy brown hair and soft eyes. He noticed me looking at their interlocked hands and immediately dropped hers, wiping his palm off on his black jeans.

He waved. "Ryan," he murmured, flashing a quick smile.

"Andy," the other kid said with a smirk.

I lifted my hand, as far as my IV would let me, anyway. "Hi."

"So," Christina started, and I rolled my eyes, "I thought we could have a mini session here, since you can't go to group, obviously," she said brightly. I wanted to throw myself off a cliff — can't escape this one, Frank.

I didn't have a chance to object as Jamia, Andy, and Ryan pulled the small wooden chairs into a makeshift circle around my bed. Suddenly, I wished I wasn't even allowed to have visitors.

"Name, age, and a fact!" Christina reminded us with a smile. "I'll start; my name is Christina Allen, I'm thirty six, and I have an eight-year-old daughter from my previous marriage."

God, I'd hate to be that kid. "I'm Frank Iero, I'm nineteen, and I have a three-day-old hole in my abdomen from my previous best friend." They all laughed. Ugh.

"My name's Jamia Nestor," Jamia said with a flirty smile and a slight wave of her hand (her nails matched her lips), "I'm twenty years old, and I currently have a knife in my back pocket."

Everyone except Christina, of course, ignored Jamia's statement about the knife. "Jamia! That's illegal, you can't bring things like that in here!"

She shrugged, and I watched her thin fingers as she fumbled with a string on her ripped pants. "The guards need to pay more attention," she sighed, eyeing me.

"Moving on," Ryan breathed. "I'm Ryan, I'm eighteen, and I'm a high school dropout."

"Andy, nineteen, and I'm straight-edge."

What a group. A high school dropout, a thirty-six-year-old divorcee, a stab victim, a girl who sneaks knives past security, and a straight-edge kid. What a fucking group.

look guess what it's me and this is a shitty filler tbh its short and boring and probably has like 723729 errors, but im far too lazy to Reread this because im v tired even though it's my spring break and i just wanted to Update
plus thank u guys so so so much for over 4k reads ur all amazing and i love every single one of you so so so much omg and your comments and votes make my day every day tysm!!!!!

-abby/grey