1:

"You're sure you're ok?" Justin asked from beside me, lifting up a French fry, grazing my arm with the back of his hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired I guess." I shrugged, meeting his eyes for a moment before I took a sip of my drink, staring back out into the ocean ahead.

"Okay..."

I had been pretty quiet, but I was just thinking, trying to decide if I had done the right thing after all. Maybe asking him to come with me was selfish - but he was supposed to come with me anyway.

I just felt weird, now that I could be added to the list of girls. I don't want to be another girl, and in a way I'm not.

But the fact that I wasn't his first time bothered me - a lot. That I didn't know how many girls it had been. He was basically my first everything in that sense, but that wasn't the case for him.

I know I was different, but I still felt weird; like I was just another girl.

I didn't regret it, I...I didn't really know what I thought.

Yes, it was one of the best nights of my life, but I did it because I loved him, and I know he loved me - but he's a guy. I knew how their minds worked.

"Smile princess." He whispered, pecking my temple, sliding his hand around my waist and tugged me closer.

I did, mainly from the kiss, nibbling on the inside of my lip and picked up a fry, doing anything to distract him from asking me what was wrong - again.

I didn't want to talk about it here, or now - at all even.

Then he'd probably get mad at me eventually.

"Now keep it." He didn't let go of me, his food gone with mine close, but a little way through I started thinking again after I had stopped. "Do you have anymore lollipops?"

"Yeah," I nodded, opening up my bag and handed him one. "I'm surprised you asked for one."

"Well if you don't want me to smoke anymore that badly I'll try it. It's working so far."

"Good." I smiled at him for real this time, holding onto his cheek farthest from me and kissed him. "You'll taste sweeter."

"Hmmm, I guess so."

"You're getting stubbly. I kind of like it, it'll just start to tickle a bit."

"You like it? I don't know if I could stand not having a clean shave for too long. I was supposed to yesterday, but we were on a train."

"Whoops." I laughed, pecking his cheek.

"You done? We can walk some more."

"Yeah, I'm done." I nodded, picking up my basket and his, walking over to the trash can and emptied them out, then sat them on the shelf, finding him behind me with our drinks in his hands and handed me mine, taking my hand from my side.

"You look so pretty."

"Thank you." I smiled at him, resting my head on his shoulder for a minute, my eyes flickering up to the stick of the lollipop that hung from his mouth.

"You're welcome princess."

"How's your lollipop?"

"Appley."

"Sounds tasty."

He winked, making me blush and quickly looked away, biting down on my lip as we walked the boardwalk, feeling a slight breeze make its way through my tank top.

I didn't know what else to say then, so I found myself thinking - again.

How many girls had it been? How many other girls had felt his lips like that, felt the same thing I did - I mean yes it was different, but at then again it isn't.

I was so inexperienced, and then he wasn't. I felt like an idiot. I want to know - but then again, did I?

Clearly earlier he was implying it, asking if I was still hungry, holding me like that. I knew.

That's when he started asking what was wrong.

"I have to make sure it's ok with your mom I take you out tomorrow."

"I'm sure she'll be fine with it."

"Alright," He threw away his drink, pulling me off to the side by an empty bench with one of those looks in his face. "Stop telling me nothing is wrong when something is."

"Justin-"

"Bella, I'm not stupid what is it."

"Nothing." I mumbled, pulling away my hand to fiddle with my fingers, turning to look up the boardwalk.

"Stop it." He grasped my face, forcing me to look at him. "You know you can tell me anything Bella."

"Not here. Later, ok?"

"Later? Not when you're acting weird like that."

"Its nothing."

"Bella, you're honestly starting to piss me off. What is it?"

"Just drop it then." I snapped back, standing up and went over to the trashcan, throwing away my drink and crossed my arms over my chest, raising my eyebrows to see him still sitting on the bench with his arm draped across it.