Chapter 4, A Morning's Walk (Plz read Author's note)

Hinata's P.O.V.

"Good Morning, Shouyou." 

"Morning Mom!"

Hinata smiled to his mother, gladly returning her greeting. He said hello to Natsu as well, who was sitting in the living room watching cartoons. 

"Shouyou-" The boy's mother tapped him on the shoulder, handing him his bag. "You'd best be going; or you'll be late for work."

The redhead looked to his mother, confused. She simply pointed to the clock. Realising the that it was 1:38 pm and that he'd overslept by a lot, Hinata quickly took the bag from his Mom and ran to the door.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I slept in so late!"

He was about to run out the door, but his mom stopped him.

"Where do you think you're going without a coat?" 

"Oh! Sorry, Mom!"

He smiled and took the jacket, quickly pulling it over his shoulders and leaving.

"Bye Mom!"

"Bye honey, have a nice day!" She called out with a smile, waving to her son as he ran down the sidewalk.

~~~~~

As Hinata walked, he began recalling what had happened last night. He'd stayed up at least 2 hours past midnight, just to write a letter to someone.

He let out a huff, calling himself stupid for staying up so late; it nearly made him late for work. It didn't really matter though. He had finished writing and perfecting the letter he'd been spending weeks building up the courage just to write.

Letting out another breath, Hinata allowed himself to calm down.

"It'd be fine. Everything would turn out 100% fine." Hinata thought, trying to help himself stay calm.

"Oi! Hinata!"

Hinata was pulled from his thoughts and he quickly turned his head, hearing someone call his name. 

It was a familiar raven-haired teen; Kageyama.

At first, Hinata didn't respond, still half in his thoughts.

"Hinata? Hey! Are you alright...?" 

Hinata blinked, shaking his head before looking to Kageyama.

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine!" He stumbled on his words, trying to not sound like a complete douf.

"Are you on your way to the cafe?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah! I'm usually there by now, but I woke up kinda late," He laughed shyly, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, alright, I'm heading there to. Do you mind if I walk with you...?" Kageyama seemed hesitant on asking, but not not enough for the other teen to notice.

"Yeah, sure!- I mean, I don't mind..!"

"Cool," Kageyama nodded before continuing down the sidewalk, now alongside Hinata.

~~~~~

Kageyama's P.O.V.

Kageyama's mind was racing as he walked alongside the familiar teen from his class. Asking him if we could walk with him was a risking move. He was certain he would accept, which he luckily had, but he was afraid that maybe he'd think it was weird of him; and that was the last thing he wanted this person to think of him as.

The thing is, Kageyama had been finding himself actually wanting to talk to Hinata and be around him. This never happened, and, quite frankly, it was strange.

Kageyama had always been one to prefer tie to himself. He wasn't lonely or hated or anything like that, he just preferred his own company over that of others. 

Yet, here he was, wanting to be alongside this kid who was quite the opposite of himself: loud, energetic, an orb of energy and sunlight, with bright, vibrant orange rays. He would even skip a bit as he walked, he had that much unspent energy!

This likely wouldn't stop puzzling the more darker, introverted teen, but he really didn't care. Whatever the reason may be for him wanting to be with Hinata, Kageyma would continue to try and spend time with him and keep a good name with him.

After all, sometimes it was nice to have a little extra sunlight in his world.

~~~~~

Hello everyone!!!

I'm so glad that I've finally managed to write more of this! I've felt so horrible for leaving it, especially with 1.6k reads (OHMYGOD).

I know this chapter is a liiiitttttlllee short, BUT, I wanted to give you guys at least something.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I changed my username from Fleunt_Key to CloudedQuartz!

With this, I will now be calling all my (Super-duper AMAZING) readers "my crystals"! (Because you're all so unique and beautiful and I love you all).

That's all for now! I hope all my crystals have a great day/night/evening/morning, etc!

- CloudedQuartz