There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (Extra #1)

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Jordy!" the familiar voice called, causing my eyes to go wide until he finally set me down. "I knew I'd find you and your friends here!"

I smiled up at Dallas, nervously giggling as he straightened out my hair after his spin had messed it up. I was used to this, since it had been happening ever since before I could remember, but I still acted like a nervous idiot whenever he got close to me.

"Hah, yeah," was all I said, rubbing the back of my head as he continued to grin down at me. He never noticed how I was always so squirrely around him, but I guessed that that was a good thing. I didn't want him knowing that I liked him... "We always come here, don't we?"

Dallas chuckled. "Yep, you do. But everyone from our schools hangs out here, so it isn't that big of a surprise or anything!"

Dallas was always so bright and chipper, and sometimes I just didn't understand how he could always be so happy. I guess it was because he was so popular and liked, and not to mention good looking. He was definitely my definition for perfection...

"Everyone does hang out here," I agreed stupidly, still having no idea what I was supposed to say. My four best friends watched in amusement from behind us, and I wished that Dallas and I were somewhere private so we could talk. He might have not noticed how I was a complete idiot, but everyone else sure could...

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight," Dallas asked me suddenly, that bright smile still on his face. "We could go get ice cream, if you want. I know how much you love ice cream, and I heard this place is really good. It just opened, so I thought it'd be fun if we went together."

I just stared at him for a moment, unable to say a word. Was he asking me out on a date? There was no way he was asking me out on a date! Dallas Berg, the most popular senior at his school, was actually asking me, a brainy little freshman, out on a date? Was that what was happening? Did he suddenly want to be more than friends? Because I would have loved that!

"Sure!" I smiled brightly, my eyes lighting up as stared into his brown ones. "That sounds like a lot of fun!"

Dallas grinned right back at me, and I felt like I was going to melt. Was this love? It sure felt like it was. I had known him my entire life, and I had always liked him. But now did he like me?

"Alright," Dallas nodded, taking a step back toward his friends that were now calling him. "I'll pick you up at seven. See you then, Jordy!"

I waved at him, feeling so overjoyed that I thought I was going to explode. I plopped back down in my seat next to Lexi, almost in a trance as I just stared off into space.

"Did you just get asked out on a date?" Chelsea asked, her piercing green eyes wide as she stared at me. "Did that Greek God really just ask you out on a date?"

"Did he?" I found myself asking Aimee, afraid of what her answer was going to be. What if she said no? What if Dallas didn't want to go on a date with me? I mean, I was just a little freshman while he was a senior... Not to mention he had Trinity. What happened to Trinity?

The redhead shrugged, that bored and uncaring look evident on her face. I knew she was thinking, and I felt my foot tapping under the table impatiently as I waited for her to answer my question.

"I think he just asked you out on a date," she nodded, still looking bored like she always did. "He did ask if you wanted to go out instead of hang out."

I couldn't help it anymore. I started squealing, and soon the rest of the girls joined me as well. And now, everyone in the coffee shop looked at us, including Bruce. But none of us cared anymore.