Bucky Barnes

Morning Paradise:

It had been weeks since you had gotten anything close to a decent night's sleep, and there was a pretty obvious reason for it. That reason was the little girl in the next room. Your baby girl, (Y/D/N), had been the greatest thing to ever happen to both you and Bucky, and you loved her with all your heart. She was, however, like most newborns and that meant waking up at all hours and requiring one or both of you to get up take care of her. It could be quite stressful and you had been in a constant state of exhaustion for weeks, but that didn't change how happy you were. This morning in particular reminded you of that.

As the sunlight began to peak through your window you turned over to bury your face in your husband's chest, only to discover that his side of the bed was empty. You sat up slowly, your hair covering most of your face as you drowsily looked around the room and that's when it hit you. The sun was up, it was morning, which meant you had slept through night and hadn't been woken up by (Y/D/N). This realization was at first a pleasant one, until suddenly it wasn't. Despite the appreciation you had for finally getting some sleep, you couldn't help but wonder why (Y/D/N) hadn't woken you up, and where the hell Bucky was. Suddenly you found yourself throwing the comforter aside and bolting out of bed. You ran out into the hall and down toward your baby girl's room. You soon stopped in your tracks though, just outside her room, when you heard her laughing quietly. Then you slowly took a few steps forward to stand in front the open doorway and see that your daughter and husband were perfectly fine.

As you realized that everything was fine, you began to breathe normally again and settled with your shoulder against the frame of the nursery's door. As you stood there and watched the beautiful scene in front of you. Bucky was rocking slowly back and forth in the chair that Clint had made for your family. Resting happily in his right arm was your baby girl. Bucky's other hand was in the air above her head, his fingers dancing in the air. The early morning light that flooded through the window glinting off of his metal fingers and reflecting  on the ceiling in little dots, like tiny gemstones sparkling above. (Y/D/N) was giggling excitedly as she reached into the air and tried to grab at the little sparkles. Bucky was watching your little girl as she laughed, wearing that perfect smile of his and his eyes sparkled with joy. Your heart swelled as you sttod there and found yourself smiling as well. It was a perfect moment with the two people in this world that you loved more anything.

 You could have stayed there forever watching them, although it was only a few moments before (Y/D/N) started to calm down and fall asleep again. Bucky slowly began to stand up from the rocking chair and carry your little girl back over to her crib before placing her gently in it. He stayed there resting his arms on the side of the crib as he looked down at her. You quietly made your way over to them and stood next to Bucky, wrapping your arms around his upper arm and leaning your head on his shoulder. You both smiled down at your baby girl  as she drifted off to sleep once more. 

"She really is beautiful." You whispered, finally breaking the silence in the room.

"Yeah, just like her mother." You blushed at Bucky's comment and turned your head to find him staring at you. As soon as you did he leaned in to kiss you on the cheek. "Thank you." 

"For what? You're the one that just complimented me." He smirked at your response.

"True, but you're the one that brought this angel into my life." Bucky said as smiled at (Y/D/N) once again. You almost cried with happiness when you heard him say those words.

"I love you so much Bucky." Bucky Turned to face you and wrapped his arms around you and as you hugged him tightly in response.

"I love you to, (Y/N)." The two stayed like that for several minutes before you finally pulled away just enough to look up at him.

"We should let her sleep." Bucky nodded and the two of you started to make your way out of the room, hand-in-hand . "You have clearly been up longer than I have so why don't you go get a little more rest and I will go make us breakfast." 

"Sounds good to me, Doll." Then he gave you a quick kiss before lazily make his way back into your bedroom, while you stood in the hall watching him with a smile on your face.