Chapter 2

Dear Robot Diary,

Hey, Robo-D. It's day 2 of freak week and so far no new calamity yet. Well, unless you consider Marmie's explosive farts as a calamity. No joke, the whole basement smelled of onion rings and rotten cheese. Good thing she gives us a warning before she rips one out so there's time for us to take a deep breath before hell breaks loose.

"I love the smell of farts. It's all natural and organic, don't you think? I'd definitely bathe in it if I could," Marmie said. I don't know if this is an effect of freak week or this is just her normal monologue.

Harry butted in and said, "YO I LOVE THE SMELL OF FARTS TO WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER. Shoot, did I say that out loud?" Harry's remark shocked everyone in the room, especially Marmie. "Y'ALL DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING, GOT IT?" Harry said. All of us nodded, and then he went into a corner. Then I heard Banana say "Aaawkward," in a sing-songy tone.

Two days in and we've already got a confession.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night. Besides the adorable yet annoying barks and howls from the Shih-T's storm yesterday, I had to be cautious with what comes out of my mouth. I wouldn't want to spill any embarrassing secrets, especially with Crush around. Oh, Crush. He doesn't know this yet but I've planned out our life together even though technically we're not together. Yet. I already have a house picked out for us and I also named our future children. I was thinking Taylor if it's a girl and Alex if it's a boy.

I haven't stopped thinking about Crush since I found out he's also down here. He might've caught me staring at him this morning, but how could I resist? His face is PERFECT. Let me give you a description Robo-D, since you have no vision whatsoever. He has brown hair with blonde highlights, he has these adorable dimples that show whenever he smiles, oh and his smile! Aghh his smile could light up the whole world, even during freak week. And his eyes, well I don't think anyone has seen his eyes since he wears sunglasses all the time. Ugh, he's so cool. He's tall, handsome and he always gets straight A's. When we first met, I swear I heard a hallelujah chorus. "Hey, my name is Crush," he said, with a deep attractive voice, not the threatening kind. "Hampfh lace me.. uhm, hi I'm.. uhm I'm Lace."

Lace me? Seriously? What a great first impression, self.

Despite that, he just nodded and smiled. I think he even winked at me, but who can tell? the gorgeous boy wears sunglasses 24/7. I have a theory that his sunglasses are his secret to high grades. Maybe there's some sort of vision technology in them or something, I don't know. All I know is we're a perfect match.

Welp, I'm hungry. Check back on you in a bit, Robot Diary!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sucks that we don't have much food here. Luckily the new calamity was a taco tornado. "Taco 'bout satisfying needs, am I right?" Banana said. "SHUT IT FRUITY BEFORE I SHUT IT FOR YA." Harry screamed in the middle of sobs, I think he was crying about not having his favorite blanket with him down here.

Yikes, Harry this week is gonna suck for you.

Then Crush said, "Okay guys, we need to stock up on food. I suggest Mr. Kevin, Harry and I check the surface for a bit if ever there's some taco debris we can salvage. You up for it, guys?" I may or may not have lost myself in his cleverness and beauty. I didn't hear Mr. Kevin's nor Harry's response. The next thing I know is that the three of them were out the door and up the surface.

So Marmie, Banana, and I were left to do whatever it takes to not let our inner freak out.

Banana didn't last long, though. Shortly after Mr. Kevin and the gang left she took a mop from down here and started singing karaoke to it. She's really into it, I might add. I think she was jamming to a boyband song and she was just dancing around with the mop on her hands. Thank cheddar I've got you, Robo-D, to keep me from falling into an unfortunate fate.

From the basement, we could hear the ruckus from outside. Through a small opening here, we can see taco ingredients flying around, littering the streets with beef chunks and taco shells. I hope Crush is okay up there. Oh and the other two, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick update on what's happening right now Robo-D, we've got tons of lettuce, carrots, and beef chunks courtesy of Mr. Kevin and Harry. They were gone for about 2 hours but they came back with bags of salvaged taco remnants enough for 3 days. The two of them are unscathed, but where's my crush you may ask?

There's no sign of him.

Mr. Kevin returned briefly from their food hunt to ask us with a concerned voice: "Hey, is Crush down here?" Everyone in the basement looked at each other with questioning eyes and murmuring 'haven't seen him' and 'I have no idea.' Mr. Kevin, disappointed, then proceeded to shut the door and continue their search.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this, Diary. A part of me thinks "Phew, Crush is out of the way. I can feel less insecure of my actions now," but a bigger, more dominant part of me thinks "We can't afford to lose Crush in a survival situation like this! He's the smartest and most attractive guy we have down here! Also, I want to stare at his face more."

Having been back from the food hunt, Harry said, "ONE LESS MOUTH TO FEED MORE FOOD TO EAT MY FEELINGS AWAY." To which Marmie replied, "No, you pretentious emotional pickle. We've got to find Mr. McSunglasses cuz he can keep us all alive throughout the week. I don't know about you, but I feel like he can crush being a survivalist." The pun earned a few eyerolls and a facepalm from Mr. Kevin. Harry, however, was smiling and said "YO YOU'S FUNNY. OKAY FINE LET'S GO FIND MCSUNGLASSES." Marmie turned bright red at the comment, and I am now suspecting that these two will get much closer after freak week.

Gotta go, Robot Diary. We're on a mission to find my prince charming.

6 days and counting,

Lace

-----------------------------------

#writingwithgrace