Chapter Four - Sense Of Justice

“Who do you two sluts think you are?”  

I rolled my eyes, unlinking my arms from Christie and trying to hide the complete nervousness I felt as Ashlee approached us.  Christie on the other hand was completely confident, back straight and eyebrow arched in a threatening manner of ‘you wanna fight me?’.  

The hall, which was buzzing just a few seconds ago, was now dead quiet as it parted like the Red Sea for Ashlee, who was storming towards us in her insanely high clear Lady Gaga-esque plastic wedges, pink micro mini skirt, and nothing on top but a revealing corset-like vest.

Why again was there no school dress code?

“Who’s she?”  Christie whispered, eyes narrowing on the fast-approaching blonde.

“Ashlee, Ashlee Duncan.”  I whispered cautiously back.

“Listen up-” Ashlee started, but I was surprised as Christie cut her off.

“Hello, I’m Christie George, and that’s Jocey Meyers.”  Christie flashed her a pleasant smile, shaking her hand lightly and pretending to be all pleasant.

“I’m Ashlee Du-”

“You better listen up bitch, cuz I know who you are.  Ashlee freakin’ Duncan with the cheap spray tan and attempt at copying hookers’ style.  Rumor has it you were a bitch to my bud Jocey here for the past six years.  So you best be staying out of our way if you know what’s best for you.”  I couldn’t help but slip her a little smirk as the spectators all went,”Ooh” and “Buuurn” as she stormed away.

“I’m impressed,”  I said once the crowd had broken up and the attention was off us.

“Hey, you better know now that I stick up for my friends.”  She smiled at me, linking arms again, “It’s like the weird girl-version of bro’s before hoe’s.”  

We walked down the halls, boys staring, mouths agape; girls glaring in envy or confusion as they parted for us as we strutted straight down the middle.  It was the first time I walked down the hall without being insulted, pushed around, or battered.

I was finally at the top of the pyramid - the top of the food chain.

And I loved it.

-

Sighing, I got out of my brand spanking new car and rubbed my forehead, walking out and closing the garage door.  Today I had gotten around five guys ask me out (all jerks, I had to turn them down), and the perverted comments were nearly countless.  I guess guys are guys.

“Crap”, I muttered, leaning against the house’s wall as a little pain surged through me.  Again?  What the...

It wasn’t as bad as the other day, but it was there.  I could feel it from my toes to my scalp.  Jeez, was I gonna grow a tentacle out of my side next?  

I gritted my teeth and walked in an attempted straight line to the door, opening it and slamming it rather ungracefully behind me.  

“Mr. Toxicia is at it again!”  A voice rang through the house, from where I assumed was my mom in the media room.  “Never have we seen such a mass theft!  After robbing one of the major banks in our city Mr. Toxicia killed two security guards and injured three citizens, one a child.”  

I grimaced at the killings that had happened.  Mr. Toxicia and Magnificent Man had always been at each other’s throats but unfortunately our hero is God knows where.  

Suddenly I had the urge to go into the backyard, and urge I couldn’t resist even though I heard rain pattering outside.  After I was out in the open in our large space of grass I looked around, my eyes catching the fact the my hands were shaking and almost glowing.