Chapter 6

Sweet baby Jesus, that boy is fine *-*
------------------------------------------------------
After I clean myself up from my embarrassing breakdown, Cole and I continue to talk and actually have a really nice conversation. Eventually Emmy comes back and takes our orders, then a little after that, she returns with our food. We eat in silence for a bit until I break it with another one of my never ending questions. "Did you know that Nico killed his brother?" He locks eyes with me and wipes his mouth before he speaks. "I knew he had an incident, but I didn't know who it was with." He answers truthfully. "How do you know Ivan?" I resume picking at my Burger as I talk. "I have three brothers, one younger, two older. The two older ones knew Ivan and sent me to stay with him after I had gotten in trouble back home for excessive fighting. They preferred that if I fought, I'd do it "constructively." he says, putting up air quotations and rolling his eyes before continuing. "Anyway, I was fifteen at the time. The younger brother, Matt, he is closer to me than the other two which is why he came with me, we've been here for five years now. You've seen him." He says. I nod, remembering the boy I saved. "So you're twenty?" I ask and he nods. "Oh okay." I finish my Burger, then down the rest of my water. "I think you should hear him out." Cole says out of nowhere. "W-what?" I ask, caught off guard. "Nico. I think you and him need to sit down and clear everything up. He really seems to care for you. Besides, don't think I've ever seen a man that big cry because a five foot four girl yelled at him." Cole says, trying to add humor to the situation. "I can be fairly intimidating." I say, trying to hold back my laughter at his joke. It doesn't work and I break out with an amused grin. "That's the first time I have seen you genuinely smile all night." He says sweetly. "I'm not exactly the friendliest person." I say. "Well, you're sitting here, in a diner, at three in the morning, with a guy you've known for all of four hours, having conversation about some seriously personal parts of your life. That sounds pretty friendly to me." He says with a small smirk. "Well, you kind of did save me from being shot in the face by an insane ex boyfriend, so forgive me if I'm exhibiting small gestures of kindness. I'll try to dial it back a bit. I prefer being a bitch anyway." I say, pretentiously flipping my dark, curly hair over my shoulder, and shooting him a playful wink. He chuckles at me and I cant help but join in. "But seriously, you've got a beautiful smile. You should wear it more often." He says. I can feel my cheeks reddening and I look down at my hands as I play with my straw paper. "Well, I think we've worried Nico enough. Let's get you back home." He says, pulling out his wallet and laying down a twenty dollar bill. "I could've paid for my own." I say. "You can treat me next time." He says. I raise my eyebrows at him, a small smirk spreading across my face. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at the fact that he wants there to be a 'next time', but I refused to let it show. "What makes you so sure that there will be a next time?" I ask sarcastically. "I-uhm, I-" I cut him off with a small laugh. "Im kidding." I say, sliding out of the booth. Cole follows suit, as we walk to his car, him opening both the restaurant and car doors for me. Cole cranks up his car and pulls out of the parking lot and onto the dark, quiet road. I lean my head against the window, staring as the blur of streetlights and trees pass by. "Thanks, Cole." I say. "For what?" He asks, turning his head slightly to look at me. "For being the only person I feel that I can partially trust right now." A small yawn escapes my mouth, and I began to rub my eyes like a child. "You're welcome. And you have my number if you ever need to talk." He says. "Speaking of that, how did you get my number?" I ask. "While everyone was trying to call you, Ivan threw out the idea that someone who's number you weren't familiar with should call. So, that's what I did. They were jealous that you found out who I was and didn't hang up, and were definitely mad when you told me where you were and said that I couldn't tell them. It was quite amusing." He replies with a chuckle. I laugh lightly and continue to stare out of the window. Right when I begin to doze off, the car comes to a stop and the engine is killed. "Well, we're here." He says then gets out of the car to come open my door for me. "Thanks." I say then sigh heavily. "Time to go face the dragon." I mutter. I tap on the door lightly, hoping no one in particular would hear it, but I was wrong. Nico swings the door open and looks at me like a wounded puppy, not sure if he should hug me or not. I roll my eyes and stretch out my arms to him, he quickly enters my embrace. "I'm so sorry. I should've told you everything. I'm so sorry that I got you into this mess. I'm just so so sorry." He says, his arms tightening around my waist. I can feel the tears threatening to spill from my eyes, so I squeeze them shut. Truth be told, no matter how incredibly angry I ever got with Nico, I would never be able to stay that mad for too long. He looked like a big brick building, void of emotion and feelings, but he was truly nothing more than a big teddy bear, at least to me, that is. We pull away from the hug and he turns to Cole. "Thanks man." He says, giving him one of those handshakes that all boys do. "You still have a lot of explaining to do." I cut myself off with a loud yawn. "But we can discuss all of that later. I'm exhausted now." I say, and begin to head the stairs. But before I get to the top, I turn around. "Cole, it's entirely too late for you to be driving home, you should stay here and get some rest." I say. Nico nods his head in agreement. "She's right man, you've done a lot today and it would only be right if you stayed here. There's a guest room upstairs, down the hall to your left." He adds. "Well, I guess there's no use in opposing now, so thank you both." Cole says with a polite smile. We all head up the stairs and to our rooms, Nico stopping me before I'm fully in mine. "Hey, give these to him. I'm gonna go to bed, then whenever we wake up, I'll take you out to lunch most likely, and we'll talk then. Alright?" He asks. I nod in reply and turn to to walk away. "I love you, little sis." He says. I turn back to him and give him a tight hug. "I love you too, bro." I release him and head to the room Cole is staying in and sigh heavily before knocking. Cole answers the door....completely shirtless. My mouth hangs partially open and I can feel the lack of hydration starting to give me cottonmouth. "I-um, Nico sent me to give you these." I stutter, pushing the T-shirt and sweatpants towards him. He takes the shirt and keeps eye contact with me as he slowly pulls it over his head, each and every muscle flexing as he does so. I could literally grate cheese on his abs, that's how ripped this guy is. I bite my lip hard, thinking of how it would feel to touch them, then quickly shake my head free of my, not so Christian, thoughts. "Thank you, love." He says deeply, an amused smirk carving into his face. I nod, and turn to walk away, when he grabs my arm, spinning me around to face him. His eyes catch mine in the same intense stare that they did earlier. Gravity slowly begins to pull us closer and closer together, until we're just centimeters apart. "Um, I'm gonna go to bed." I whisper. His eyes flicker to my lips then back to my eyes before he nods wordlessly and lets me go. "Goodnight, love." He says.
------------------------------------------------------
Yaaaaaaay Raquole moment! (Not sure how I feel about that couple name, help me think of more xD)

Not sure if people are actually reading this,but I'm pretty proud of the story so far, so I'm gonna hang in there!

And thanks to those of you who have read! You guys rock!

Much Love,
-Ness💋