The Engagement Ring

Jack is at home watching Gia while Jackie went out to complete some errands. He enjoys spending time with Gia and tries to as much as his schedule allowed.

Right now the current task is to get her to eat the lunch that her mother had packed for her, a turkey sandwich, green beans, and a sippy cup with whole milk. She ate her sandwich and drank half her milk, but isn't trying to eat her green beans.

He looks up from his laptop and sees that Gia has still has not eaten her green beans.

"Gia, sweetheart you have to eat your beans if you want to play," he says looking at the one-year-old in the high chair.

"No Da-Da," she replies pushing her plate away.

"But they are good for you," Jack says picking up a green bean and eating it.

Gia wasn't convinced and again exclaimed, "NO!"

"You're being a bad girl Gia; your mother is going to be upset that you didn't eat all your lunch like a big girl," Jack says.

"No Da-Da," Gia replies before pushing the plate of beans onto the floor.

Jack scrubs his hand over his face and cleans up the string beans on the floor. Once the mess and Gia is cleaned up he rocks her to sleep.

With Gia asleep he can go back to the task at hand; find the perfect engagement ring for Jackie.

He loves Jackie very much and loves Gia like she is his own. He couldn't see his future without them being a part of it. He wants Jackie to be his First Lady, not only of the United States but in his life. What made things even better is his mother and his family have accepted both of them with open arms.

Despite the long search he still can't find anything that he liked. By the time he had searched almost every major jeweler, there was, Gia, is up from her nap.

He looks at the clock on the bottom right of the screen to see that he still has two hours before Jackie is to come back.

In an instant, he takes Gia upstairs with him and quickly dresses and her. In a matter of 20 minutes, he is on the road on his way to find the perfect engagement ring for Jackie.

—————

Later on that night...

Gia is put to bed and he is waiting for Jackie to come out of the bathroom.

Once again he takes the ring out of his drawer and looks at it. It's beautiful. A gold band with emerald and diamonds. Even though he didn't have an idea of what ring he wanted to get her, but once he saw this one it felt like it's perfect.

He hears the water to the shower shut off and he put the ring back into the drawer. A few minutes later Jackie emerges from the bathroom wearing a purple nightie.

"Well, what do we have here?" Jack asks moving next to her placing kisses on her neck.

Jackie giggles as she lotions her body.

"I thought I would like a change," she replies.

"I like it."

"I thought you would," she replies.

"I'm ready for bed," he says rubbing her thigh.

Once she is finished putting lotion on her body she gets into bed and his arms. He turns off the lamplight and begins to kiss her body passionately. The only sounds coming out of the room are Jackie's giggles and his groans.

He gets her out of her lingerie and gets his boxers off. Just as he intimately connects their bodies, Gia begins to cry.

He groans.

"I'll go see what's wrong," he says before kissing Jackie's lips.

"Ok," she replies.

He goes into the next room, to see Gia standing up in her crib.

"What's wrong Gia?" Jack asks picking Gia up. She begins to quiet down when she lies her head on his shoulder.

He places a kiss on her forehead as the toddler is trying to fight her sleep. Jack rocks her gently and quietly hums a lullaby until she finally falls asleep. He gently lays her back in her crib and places a kiss on her forehead before leaving the room.

When he returns to his bedroom Jackie has fallen asleep.