Part 15

Lauren

»»»»§««««

We have entered the heart of Blackwell Universal's Main Office. We've broken inside the building. Everything was going right on schedule... Until I realized that we didn't break in, we were drawn in... And now we are all targets in another Hunt.

"How could I of been so idiotic?" I said angrily.

'Lacey, Brianna, Brody... Faye... I lead them here and now Faye has become some sort of monster snack! It's all my fault! Now Faye is probably dead and that monster that killed her is after Brianna, Brody, and Lacey too... But I have to find Jeremy's body... What do I do? No, it's not a question. I came here with a mission, find Jeremy's body. I can't just lose focus, there's something much bigger at hand. People are being killed for "spare parts" and it can't go on any longer. I'll need Jeremy to stop it.'

I started walking again and ended up in a room similar to the one Faye was murdered in.

'Damn! I thought I was onto something, but I keep getting lost. This place is like some sort of labyrinth, no wonder how Faye got lost. Oh Faye... I feel awful, I should of been there. I could of warned the others, told them the truth... No, Lauren. You're doing what has to be done. Now what was the way to the morgue...'

"Ah, you must Lauren. I've heard quite a bit about you." A voice said and I turned around in shock.

"You! I saw you go after Faye! Where is she?" I yelled.

"The pale one? Oh, she's gone. I sucked her out dry. Now she's just another set of spare parts, like the others."

"What in the hell are you?"

"I had a name at one point in my life, but that is long forgotten. Now, I am referred to as the Octorian."

"Octorian?"

"Being part vampire, part Frankenstein, and just a dash of werewolf deserves a rather unique name, wouldn't you say? The only issue with me is that I tend to go a little insane... unless I eat my dinner." Octorian smiled.

"Dinner? She was a human being, not a T-bone steak!"

"Well she was delicious!"

"You can't just go around taking people's lives! She had a future ahead of her! She had so much potential."

"Cry me a river, Princess."

"She wanted to help people and change the world in great ways."

"And look what happened because of that. She's dead. Now, it's time for you to join her." Octorian smirked.

"I don't think so, I'm walking right on out of here, and you're going to let me."

"Oh yeah, and how does that plan work?"

"Haven't you heard? I'm indestructible." I smiled.

"So that means I can't kill you.... But what about them?"

"What about who?" I said confused. "Oh no!"

I turned and saw Brody and Brianna behind me.