Chapter 8 Part 2

1.8.2---------------------------------------------

Back in the previous bank, the two robbers were handcuffed and arrested just as the SF officers responded on the bank robbery incident. However, the two of them were being accused of taking huge amount of money from the said bank.

"I told you, officer! We didn't steal any gold! Before we knew it, we just woke up in that vault and all the money is gone!"

"Yeah, officer! That's right!"

"Tell it to the judge!"

When an SF officer opened his screen menu and tapped on a command, the shackles placed on the two robbers' wrists suddenly glowed, emitting a red light as it bound the robbers.

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

Those shackles were quite different with the old school handcuffs in the 21st century. This handcuffed technology used by the SF department of new Tokyo had a manageable settings controlled an officer. SF officers were able to manually set the locking period of the handcuffs as well as the activation feature where it could zap and paralyze criminals who were trying to escape.

-----+ End +-----

All people previously trapped inside the vault were safe thanks to Yosuke Masuda's involuntary actions. The janitor boy then arrived in the scene with his tore clothes that was full of dusts. However, the janitor boy was walking like an old man without his walking stick. He felt like there was no energy left on his body as he was emotionally exhausted from the fight earlier.

Krysta immediately greeted her friend.

"Yosuke-sama, I'm glad you're alright."

"You're really saying that after you put me in that situation?!"

"My my, Yosuke-sama. No need to thank me. Hihihihi!"

"I'm not thanking you!"

Well, Yosuke couldn't blame anyone but Krysta as she alone had set him up like a human bait for the earlier giant turtle. However, while still arguing with Krysta, the janitor boy noticed Tyrell Baldwin, surrendering in front of an SF officer.

It wasn't surprising that the officer also put an electronic shackle on both of Tyrell's wrists. When Tyrell was about to be brought up to the SF officer's car, he stopped in front of Yosuke and turned his face towards him.

"I apologize for what I had done earlier."

"It's alright. I knew you were only forced to do that kind of stuff. What matter is, we're all safe now."

"I've only done things that made me regret. Before I knew it, it's always been me wanting to change what I've done in the past. I wonder what my sister will think if she learns what I have done just now. But I guess it's already too late now."

"Well, it's really never too late for us..."

Tyrell then smiled, but with his eyes in sorrow.

"I'm really glad that I met someone like you who would put his life in danger for others. Sometimes, I thought that ending my life was the easiest way to relieve this horrible pain in my heart. But I never have the courage to do so..."

Yosuke suddenly made a serious face for the first time in this novel.

"Are you an idiot?! A super ultra-magnetic idiot?! As long as we have our life, it is never too late! Why the hell are you saying that ending your life is the way to relieve your pain?"