Chapter Three: Shinra

Shinra had to admit, there was something special about Izaya Orihara. Something that just couldn't be explained. But it was normal for best friends to think that. Even though they hadn't known each other for very long, they still had that kind of connection. So..... That must be why Shinra had gotten so defensive when he found out Kida liked him. It was just him being protective of his only...um, I mean Best friend.
He's just trying to protect him, that's it.
... But that didn't really explain the feeling he got when he shook his hand.
"Earth to Shinra." Kida called out from the top bunk.
"What?" He asked, sounding slightly annoyed.
"You were spacing out again." Izaya informed him, not deeming the situation worthy of looking up from his book.
"Hm, was I? Didn't notice." He tried laugh it off, but Izaya seemed to have this talent for being able to tell when someone's tense... Weird that he was so good at reading people, but yet he didn't see Kida's true intentions.
"Hey, Kida. Do me a favor and go downstairs and get me some Pepsi. I'm thirsty." Izaya said, handing Kida the money. He begrudgingly took it, though both he and Shinra knew he was counting that as some sort of victory. Before he closed the door, he shot Shinra a look that could easily translate to "don't try anything" . Shinra just gave him a polite, yet slightly devious smile.
Once he was sure Kida was gone, Izaya put down his book on the history of art, and turned himself so that he was facing Shinra.
"What is going on between you and Kida?" He ask seriously. Something about his tone made Shinra feel terrible, especially his emphasis on Kida's name.
"What are you talking about?" Shinra's words came out a bit too defensive. Izaya's expression changed from that of slight annoyance, to that of anger. A look that Shinra had never seen on him before.
"Honestly, how stupid do you guys think I am? If there's something you guys are trying to hide from me, then just say that You don't want me to know... Though I think I've figured it out already." Those words coming from Izaya's mouth nearly made Shinra's heart stop.
"What?!" He almost yelled. Izaya smirked a bit.
"Please, those looks that you give each other all the time... Not too hard to put two and two together... Or one and one~" Shinra blinked, not 100% sure what Izaya was getting at.
"Don't worry, I'll keep your romantic escapades a secret~" Izaya laughed a little bit.
Shinra froze. Romantic..... Escapades... With. He nearly threw up at the mere thought, but before he could set the record straight, the door opened. Kida walked in and handed Izaya the bottle.
Shinra couldn't help but cringe a bit when the two boy's hands brushed when the exchanged the beverage.
It was no doubt that the raven haired man that Shinra had the honor of calling his friend confused the living shit out of him, but the most confusing part of all of it had to be why he was the only person who had succeeded in doing this to him.