Chapter 10: Izaya

Izaya pulled back from Shinra, filled with a slight panic. What did he just do? Oh my god, what did he just do?

"I-I'm sorry!!" Izaya moved back fast,so that he was on the other side of the bed. "I'm sorry."

Izaya prepared himself for Shinra to start yelling, or screaming, or maybe just deathglaring him and leaving. Imagine Izaya's surprise when Shinra gave him a small smile and moved closer.

"Ha, I've never seen you so apologetic~" The brunet wrapped his arms around the smaller male, hugging him gently.

Izaya pulled back once again, not really sure how to react to his best friend suddenly clinging to him like a lost puppy... this was new.

"Hey... what's wrong?" Shinra placed his hand on Izaya's cheek.

"... D-don't you think this is happening way too fast?!" Izaya stuttered, trying to push Shinra's hand away. "I mean, we don't know that much about each other!"

Shinra's smile faltered a little bit, moving his hand down.

"... Then let's get to know each. How does dinner sound? Maybe Wednesday?" Izaya looked up in surprise as Shinra blushed lightly and gave a small, shy smile. "Maybe we can try to do this properly?"

Izaya smiled back.

"Yeah... that would be nice." Shinra's eyes lit up, his smile growing wider than ever. He leaped forward and pulled Izaya into a hug.

"But you should go quick return the movie before we forget about it entirely and end up with a massive fine." Izaya smirked a bit, leaning back. Shinra pouted.

"Fineeeee... I'll be right back~" Shinra stood up and walked out of the dorm room, leaving Izaya alone.

***

"Hey..." Kida greeted with a smile. Izaya looked up from his laptop in surprise. This was probably the first time in a week that Kida had spoken to him... and the first time ever that he had said something that wasn't super sarcastic.

"Oh... hey Kida..." Izaya greeted warily, unsure of how to react to this newer, friendly Kida.

The blond smiled and sat down next to him.

"So, how have you been~" Kida's voice had a defiantly not subtle flirty tone.

"Uh... Good...?" Izaya blinked a few times, not exactly sure what to say or do.

Kida moved closer, causing Izaya to scoot back in confusion.

Kida raised his eyebrow, still smirking.

"What, do you think this will make your boyfriend uncomfortable?" Kida asked "I'm just trying to be friendly, I swear~"

Now it was Izaya's turn to raise an eyebrow.

Ok, maybe he was new to this whole friendship deal... But he was pretty sure this isn't how you do it.

Kida moved closer, leaning on Izaya with his chin resting on the raven's shoulder.

Naturally, it was only when Izaya was stuck in this slightly awkward position that Shinra chose to re enter. Honestly, Izaya was starting to wonder if his love life was just the product of a trashy, heavily AU'd, fanfiction that was being written by some lonely teenage girl with no real social life. (there is no replacing the metaphorical 4th wall, which lay metaphorically shattered at his metaphorical feet... Metaphorically, that is)

Shinra looked in between the two for a second before approaching them calmly.

He pushed Kida's head away from Izaya and pecked the raven's cheek.

"Did you miss me~" He purred, draping an arm over Izaya's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I kept him company more than enough for the both of us~" Kida retorted.

As the tension in the room built up, Izaya finally placed the last pieces together.

He looked in between the brunet and the blond, finally comprehending what was going on.

What. The. Hell.