Road Trip

"Why the hell did we have to go on a road trip anyway?!" The Italian yelled, obviously aggravated.

"Because you haven't gone outside in a week. Just trust me Lovino, it'll be fun," Antonio smiled cheerfully, still focusing on the road. The large, black car moved quickly along the road, turning every so often.

"Where are we even going?"

"That's a good question." The charming Spaniard replied.

"What the hell do you mean by that you tomato bastard!?" Lovi spat.

"We're going on an adventure."

"We're lost aren't we?"

Toni giggled, then answered nervously, "Maybe a little."

Lovino's face twisted with rage, "Idiota! Why are you so stupid?! Let's just go home!"

"If we go home you'll just watch Netflix for the next century. Plus, we aren't lost, we're on an adventure!" Antonio shrugged off all of the Italian's harsh words like they were nothing.

"Fine, Spagnolo bastardo."

The cheerier man was overjoyed at Lovi's agreement. He turned the radio on and began singing along to the songs he knew merrily.

"I might never be your knight in shining armour, I might never be the one you take home to mother, and I might never be the one that brings you flowers. But I can be the one, be the one tonight! Lovi! Sing with me!"

"No."

"But you're good at singing," Toni commented.

"I said no," he replied bluntly, leaving the Spanish man sad and now silenced. The Italian sat in an uncomfortable silence and a saddened atmosphere for about thirty seconds, and he didn't enjoy it in the slightest.

"When I first saw you from across the room, I could tell you we're curious," The Italian sang, flustered. Antonio's face lit up with happiness once again and joined back in. Lovi's nerves dissipated as soon as his friend joined him, and he soon began to enjoy himself immensely. With wide grins spread across their faces they sang. They sang so loudly passengers in other cars stared at them judgementally, though, they didn't notice, nor did they care.

The song ended sooner than they had hoped. Once again, Lovino became embarrassed of what he just did. He was scared to express himself near Antonio, he was scared that the more he knew about him, the less he would like him. Underneath the Italian's cruel words and stubbornness, he really loved Toni. His face was now plastered crimson.

"See! I told you were a good singer!" He said, still ecstatic.

"I'm really not," Lovino replied quietly.

"But you are! I love it when you sing!" Toni answered, his smile, much brighter than usual.

"Stop it! You're embarrassing me!" His face was an impossibly dark shade of red.

"Naaaw, you look like a tomato!"

"S-shut up, bastardo! Have you even figured out where we are yet?" Lovi asked nervously.

"Yep! And I know where we're going too, and we're almost there!"

"Why can't you just tell me where we're going?" He questioned.

"Because it's a surprise, silly."

The Italian groaned, "Fine, just drive faster, my ass aches from all the sitting."

"Hehe."

"What are you laughing about?"

"You sure it doesn't hurt for any other reason?" He winked at the red faced man.