Chapter Two: No Thanks

When I got downstairs I sat across from my mom and next to Jordan. I noticed his foot touching mine and moved mine immediately. I don't want him to think I like the way he makes me feel but I do. He winks at me and I just roll my eyes and eat the food sitting in front of me. Throughout the dinner Rose asks me lots of questions about school and my future. It felt good because nobody had taken interest in my future before; even my mom. Then I get sad all over again thinking about how Jordan can have such a great mom and still be an asshole. I'm trying my best not to judge him but it's hard. They send us upstairs again and this time I sit on the top stair by myself so they can't see me. I start thinking about my past and the abuse and everything I shouldn't think of while I'm at someone else's house. A tear falls down but I'm quick to wipe it off. Everyone has a past I repeat to myself. Jordan is in his room w the door cracked so I refuse to sniffle of let him see me cry. He touches my shoulder and I jump. He looks at me concerned when I notice I haven't wiped the new tear off my face. This is embarrassing. He doesn't say a word just sits next to me and lets me lay my head on his shoulder. By that time I'm crying very softly so my mom doesn't hear. If she does she'll claim I embarrassed her instead of asking what's wrong. We'll be here for a few more hours anyway knowing my mom.
"You can lay in my bed if you want. I'll sit in my chair." He says with the softest whisper so I can barely hear him. I can tell he doesn't usually have to deal with this but he's trying.
"I don't know whose juices are on that bed." I said wiping my face and trying to laugh at my fail of a joke. He just looks at me.
"I actually never let them in my bed." He says. I was honestly shocked. Why would he let me get in his bed if he hasn't allowed other girls in? Probably because you're fucking sad Jalani. I think too much.
"I just need a moment. I'll be fine." I said but I didn't believe it ..I hadn't been fine for years. Just trying to deal with my past demons is harder than it seems. He kisses my forehead and tells me if I need anything he'll help me. I almost soak my underwear when his soft lips touch my head. I close my eyes breathing him in and before I know it he's back in his room. What happened to his bad boy demeanor? Maybe he's just as damaged as me. I go to the bathroom and wash my face off and for a minute I smile in the mirror. Even though my make is smeared everywhere and I now have to wash it off. I think about what just happened. Maybe I judged him too quickly. Something is different about him. This immediately makes me separate him and my ex. From what he just showed me he's nothing like him. I long for more of him. The things I could do to this man.  Nobody has ever comforted me like that. This is a problem. Now I won't be able to stay away from him. I get back to his room and sit next to him on the bed. He's on his phone. I place a kiss on his neck. He looks at me and all I want to do is kiss him. But we just met. Something tells me this won't be the last time I see him. My mind goes blank until I hear Rose calling me down to leave. My mom still hasn't said a word to me.
Before I know it Jordan's behind me directing me to the door. His hand is on my lower back. I move away from him letting his hand fall off my back. He looks down at me confused; considering he's much taller than me. I just look forward and say my goodbyes. As soon as we leave my mom starts asking if I like him and stupid questions about him. I just met him like four minutes ago. I don't answer the questions because I don't have time to. She keeps interrupting me with other questions.
I go to my room after being excused. She literally has to say "you're excused" before I can walk away. Anything else is seen as disrespectful and the doorway to a slap in the face. I get in the shower for a quick rinse and put on my pajamas. I decide to follow him back but not text him back. I don't want him to think I like him. I think about my future and the money I have saved up to move when I turn eighteen. I don't know if I want to go to college yet. My mom doesn't think I'm good enough for it so I'll have to pay my own tuition. No matter how many A's I bring home it doesn't impress her. I think about scholarships and where I want to go. I think about Jordan and if we'll become friends. For once I kick my mom out my head and think about what I want and what I know I'm capable of. I'm capable of anything I put my mind too and with my 4.1 GPA I could get a full ride. I'll move away and forget about my past. I'll have kids and a husband. I'll have been to a therapist to work out my issues. I'll be happy.
I get an alert on Instagram and see his name pop up once again. But this time I'll answer.
J: I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Me: Thank you for being there. I've never had anyone do that for me before so I really appreciate it.
J: I do what I can. You owe me now.😂
Me: So now I owe you for being a decent human being. Goodbye Jordan.
J: Calm down, I just want to take you on a date.
Me: A date?
J: Thats what I said.
Me: I've never been on a date.
J: Perfect, I'll be over to get you tomorrow at eight.
I don't respond. I know he'll come anyway. So now I have to tell my mom. Maybe I won't. I'll have something to myself for once. A secret. She'll be at work or dinner or somewhere tomorrow. I'll just have to get back before ten.
—————————————————-
I hope you guys are liking the begining chapters. I definitely like them more. I just made a few changes because the beginning was boring and immature.