Chapter One: Not Nice To Meet You

"Mom who are the new neighbors "I yelled from up stairs.
"One of my old friends moved here with her son Jordan. We are going to dinner with them at her house tonight to welcome them. Dress nice for once please, her son will be there." She replied with a scowl on her face. All she cares about is me having a boyfriend to keep me busy and away from her. I completely ignore her rude comments and go upstairs. I get the feeling it's going to be that lame guy from school. He thinks he can have whatever he wants and do whatever he wants. So I really could give a damn about how cute he is. I won't have any boy trying to control me.
"OK" I responded and checked my phone to see a new instagram follower and guess who it was. It was him. Exactly what I thought. I don't care how close our moms are if she thinks she's setting me up with this dude it's not happening. I have no reason to follow him back. I throw my phone down on my bed and looked for something to wear.
I decided on a white lace dress so my mom could finally shut her mouth for once. I don't need her opinion on every move I make especially when I've been raising myself.
I raked my curling cream through my hair and do my edges. I put on a light nude lip with gloss and mascara. I spray myself with my favorite victoria secret perfume and sit on my bed waiting for my mom.
I grabbed my phone and here this nigga is in my dms. Forgive my language but we haven't even met yet and he's doing the most. I'm not about to let no nigga fuck my life up off a dm.
Just be a good girl and don't look through my curtains since my room is across from yours.
I rolled my eyes at the thought of him and left him on read. Whatever he thinks he's doing I'm not the one. That childish shit is not attractive to me. If he wanted a taste, he was going to have to do more than whatever that was. It was 4:30 and I still had some time so I decided to call my best friend Zariah.
Me: Bitch!!
Z: BITCH
Me: BITCHHH
Z: BITCHHH SPILL THE TEA
Me: Girl tell me why Jordan just moved next door to my house.
Z: Jordan Greene?!
Me: Yes that nigga. We're having dinner with him and his mom. I'm suprised he'd be the dinner type.
Z: Girl that man is FIONEE. I know you're not really into relationships now but who says it has to be one. Get on that or I will. Love you, bye!
Me: Love you too bye
I hear my mom calling me from down stairs and I hurry to put my strap up sandals on. I walk down stairs to see my mom with a beautiful red dress that stops right above her knees. She's holding her keys looking irritated.
"About time." She says not even staring in my face. Sometimes I hate the way she treats me like I'm not here. I barely see her and when I do she's always irritated at me for the smallest things.
"Thanks mom, you look nice too." I say rolling my eyes inside my head. If I did it in real life that's just another reason for her to put her hands on me. She'd find any reason to knock me down. Then she'll come in my room with a gift and not say a word. Or ask me to watch a movie with her. I can't wait to move out. She thinks doing the basic parenting is enough. I've never been told that she loves me even when I was little. I was never hugged or patted on the back for doing good in school. I learned to be my own love and parent in a way. She just throws money at me and ignores me most of the time. She hasn't been the same since my dad left.

We walked to Jordan's house and knocked 3 times I guess a signature knock my mom has because Jordan's mom opened right up and greeted us with a very cheesy smile.
"Oh my gosh Tamira you look amazing and this must be your daughter. Come on in!" She says keeping her bright smile the whole way through. I start to wonder how such a nice and lovely woman can be my mother's friend.
Jordan walks in the kitchen where we're sitting on the bar stools. He doesn't say a word but lets his eyes rake up and down my body for a while. Then he looks away looking annoyed. I roll my eyes and look away. He is fine as hell but I don't have time for the uncalled for attitude. I bet the only reason he's here is because his mom forced him to be.
"I'm Rose and this is Jordan my son" Rose said as she stirred something in a pot on the stove. Her and mother starts talking and completely ignores that we're there but I'm used to that.
"Well you should go upstairs and talk with Jordan and we'll call you guys when dinners ready" Rose suggested. My mother hasn't looked at me or said a word to me since we got here. You would think she would care enough to acknowledge that I'm going upstairs with this man alone but she doesn't. I would love to say it's because she trusts me but she just doesn't care. Sometimes I wish my father would come back so we could start over. I want to say no thanks to Rose but her and mother starts talking as soon as she turns back around. I frown but figure I have no choice. Jordan leaves me and goes upstairs immediately shutting his door behind him. What a fucking dick. I push his door open not bothering to look at him but observing his room. I look around and set my eyes on a big flat screen TV hanging on the wall and a window right next to where my room is where he has a desk and chair. I sit in the chair and get on my phone. I can feel him staring at me. I ignore him and turn my back towards him.
"You can sit on the bed you know." He says laughing lightly afterwards. I don't say anything. This rude asshole thinks I'm just gonna talk to him after he shut the door in my face. I do not take disrespect lightly. He touches my arm. I feel a tingling there after. Even though my mind is rejecting him my body isn't. I can tell this boy is no good for me and that's why my body craves him. Even the slightest movement leaves a tingling on my skin.
"Where's the bathroom?" I ask still not looking at him. Hw turns the chair around so I'm facing him and  touches my chin moving my face towards him. I place my eyes elsewhere even while my face is turned to him.
"Look at me." He says in the deepest but softest voice I've ever heard. I look at him. We stare at each other for a while then he finally tells me where the bathroom is. I go to the bathroom and stare in the mirror. He reminds me of my ex. In a way every male I come in contact with does. He reminds me of the person who thinks no means yes. He reminds me of how fucked up I am. After this dinner, I cannot see him again no matter how passionate he makes me feel. Before I can let a tear fall, Rose calls out for us to come down for dinner.
.........
Hi readers. I'm editing these beginning chapters because they suck so don't get mad at me. It'll still be the same book just a lot more mature than orginally.