Chapter 4️⃣

"Thanks, Topanga," he said, taking it and put it in his wallet, before getting up. "C'mon, ladies," he said.

The girls had a pretty good idea on an area they wanted to go to, a few dress stores near each other. It seemed like they had some sort of idea what they wanted for a dress as well, which would make their trip easier. He liked having a time line so he knew they couldn't take forever looking.

While they were looking, Josh decided to take the time to talk to his niece. "Riley, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked. Maya was off in another part of the store, looking at edgier dresses than what Riley wanted.

"Sure, Uncle Josh, what's up?" she asked, giving him her full attention, already holding a few dress options in her arms.

"Are you okay with this? Me taking Maya to prom with you guys?" he asked. He hadn't really had the time to ask her. It wasn't like he was just going to chaperone, or was going with someone who went to the school so they'd see each other. He was taking her best friend.

Riley nodded. "I mean, I still think it'd be kind of weird for Maya to end up being my aunt, but I think it was really nice of you to offer to go with her so she's not going to feel like a fifth wheel. Just be careful with her, please? I don't want to pick up the pieces after you break her heart," she answered.

"I'm not going to break her heart. I want her to have a good night. Like I told her, we can see what happens after that. The last thing I've ever wanted to do is hurt her," he responded, glancing over to make sure she wasn't going to come over in the middle of their conversation and overhear. Not that it was a bad thing they were talking about, but he didn't want her presence to affect Riley's answer.

"Then it's fine with me. I just want her happy," she said with a smile.

The girls tried on dress after dress, and Josh did his best to give a good opinion. "Alright, hand over the card and go wait in the car," Maya demanded.

Josh rose a brow at her. "What?"

"You served your purpose, giving the male opinion. But you don't get to see what dresses we chose until that night," she stated, holding out her hand.

Promजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें