chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

SETH!

 The air felt like spring as a cold breeze brought relief to this hot day in the kingdom. The dragonflies danced peacefully along the river bed. Two butterflies zigzagged along a dirt road, and just as one of the beautiful butterflies made it to the other side, a hand reached out and grabbed it so tight that the butterfly crumbled into tiny pieces.

The hand had a black riding glove with a symbol on it. The symbol was of a dragon in a circle and going through the dragon was a sword. The design was stitched with the rarest gold and black threads that had ever existed. As the gloved- hand made its way back to the saddle, the man that wore the gloved gave a nasty look.

"I hate the spring it is all too colorful, and most of all, it is when she is in her most powerful state."

SETH!!! Seth was the meanest man that Abigail had ever laid eyes on. He had a burn mark on his left cheek, his hair was black, and his voice was the most terrifying voice you would ever hear. It sent chills up Abigail's spine whenever she remembered it.

When Seth gave her the necklace the day she was born, he had not realized what he had done. When Abigail's hair turned red instead of brown like her mother's hair, Seth started to grow suspicious, so he left the village to find out why this had happened. He did not return to see Abigail until three years ago, when she was twelve. He came back to retrieve the necklace realizing his mistake, but he was not able to remove it because the necklace could not be removed once it was placed around someone's neck.

Seth was furious that Abigail was safe and protected behind the castle walls. Worst of all, there was only one day until her sixteenth birthday. Seth knew that if he didn't get her necklace back before her sixteenth birthday, Abigail would be too powerful for him, and, if that happened, he wouldn't be able to get any closer to her than he was now.

As the sun set and night came. Seth rode on. The night air had become so cold that Seth shivered in his riding boots. The moon lit the night sky and all of the night creatures came out. Seth and his horse disappeared between two trees and they slipped through a secret door that led them to the other side of a forty foot high brick wall. The trees and bushes made the door virtually invisible to any one passing by.

"Hey, are you Lord Seth?" a strange deep voice asked.

A tall man appeared from the darkness. There were shadows of four other men standing by him. These men all hated the king and anyone who worked for him.

"Yes, I am Lord Seth and whom may I ask is speaking?"

Seth didn't like the way these men that stood before him looked, but he spoke in the mightiest and strongest voice he could.

"You can call me, Ike. I will help anyone you know that wants to work against King Victor and his kingdom. I will be helping you with whatever you need or want, but I mainly prefer doing anything that works against the king"

"So tell me Ike, why do you want to help me with whatever plans I have? What could I have done to make you trust me?" Seth asked him suspiciously.

He had no idea why they would want to help him out, but he needed all the men he could get, so he just went with it. Before Ike could answer, Seth added, "Fine I will let you in on why I came, and why I need her back fast," Seth spoke with a more confident voice now that he knew they all were on his side and ready to do his bidding.

"Wait, her? What do you mean by her?" Ike asked very startled by what he had just heard.

"Look, do you or do you not want to help me, no questions asked?" Seth asked, even more demanding with every word he spoke.

He was becoming even angrier. "Look!" he began, then he paused.

He remembered that her power waves showed up just within the past week. He couldn't figure out how she could hide her own power waves, but she did. He thought even harder. Last spring, he had read a book about the people who came before her and in one chapter, one of those men had been attacked and hurt really bad, the pain cancelled out the power wave and no one, who could read power waves, could find him. The man was gone for five months. They didn't know that he had been taken in by farmers who cared for him until he healed.

"That's it!!" Seth exclaimed, as he snapped his fingers.

Then he began, "I need your help in finding a little girl."

"Okay, we will help, but how will we know what she looks like and if we have the right girl?" Ike asked.

Seth grinned and replied, "She will be the only girl who has red hair, you won't miss her, trust me. She looks like a princess, but even more beautiful. But watch out, she doesn't act like one!"

"Okay, where do we start?" Ike asked.

Seth replied, "Youstart by finding a place for my horse to stay, and a room for me with a nicesoft bed." R~