Chapter 51 - Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"Dad.." I stopped him and he looked at me questionably. I nodded at him, telling him to give me a chance to talk, to prove my love and myself.

He blinked looking at me but then a moment later, he nodded his head...giving me a way to win my love and Jahangir Khan's trust.

I took in a deep breath, lowered down my head a little and closed my eyes for a moment. Mugging myself, slowly I opened my eyes and mouth.

"Sir," I called as I looked at Jahangir Khan who was sitting in front of me. He was already staring at me.

"I know I have done so many mistakes. I have hurted you...I disrespected you and what not? I won't ask you to forgive me because I know I don't deserve that but I just want you to give me a chance. A chance to correct my mistakes and to prove myself." I spoke as I stood up and neared him.

I was embarrassed of what I did before. I didn't even respect him for his age...just because I was blindfolded by anger.

I stopped in front of him and looked down. I could feel my vision started blurring.

"Maybe I was the reason for whatever happened and is happening in your life...your daughter's life. Par mera bharosa kijiye...main sab kuch theek kardunga. Main aapki beti se behad mohabaat karta hoon...usse shaadi karna chahta hoon, uss ki zindagi mein khushiyaan lautana chahta hoon lekin aapki ijazat ke beghair main kuch nahi kar paunga. Sirf aik mauka dijiye, Sir. Please..." I pleaded as I bent down over my knees right in front of him and landed my hands on his.

"Please..." I half whispered as I lowered down my gaze, still freezing myself opposite him and when Jahangir Khan just stayed still in his seat, I thought I have failed.

"Khan Sahaab...apne bache ke baare main humein yeh nahi kehna chahiye par...mera beta itna bhi bura nahi hai. He has always made me proud of him and he has never let me down in any situation. I know he shouldn't have done what he did to you but he's a human after all. Usse maaf kar dijiye." Mama's voice caught my attention but still I didn't feel like looking at her or at anyone else.

'This is not as easy as I think. Jahangir Khan will never get convinced so easily.' My inner voice mumbled and suddenly I felt a touch on my both shoulders. Before my brain could even process anything, the person already pulled me up to a hug.

I was forced to collide with it's chest and that was when I realized, it was Jahangir Khan. His hands were comfortably securing me and I gulped down when I felt his chin on my shoulder. To be honest, I wasn't surprised. That was a small word. I was actually rapt by his unexpected reaction.

"Le jaao meri beti ko yahaan se. Le jaao usse tumhaare saath...mujhse door.." He spoke over my shoulder, his voice wavered a little and I blinked. Confused and stunned.

There was something in his voice. Maybe regret or hurt, I don't know but his words pinched my heart.

"Meri beti ab meri nahi rahi. Woh meri thi hi nahi...main aik acha baap nahi ban paya. Main kho chuka hoon usse. Meri beti.." He whimpered painfully and I gulped down. I couldn't help the moistures in my eyes seeing him as he was breaking apart.

"I couldn't give her the love and respect she deserved. I myself ruined my own daughter's life!!" He sobbed and almost fell down when I hurriedly grabbed him by his arms.

******

"Assalamualaikum!" I heard a voice near the door and hurriedly turned around from checking my room.

"Waalaikumsalam. Haya! Come in." I smiled welcoming her and she mirrored it as she walked in.

"Do you like the room?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at me.