Chapter 4: You're too hot for your own good.

RILEY

     "We start tomorrow." He bluntly states, staring off into the distance. "You start talking to him tomorrow. You let him ask you on a date because it would look desperate of you if you do since he cheated on you."

The corners of my small mouth drop into a scowl at the boy's sudden bluntness. Just like that. He spoke sharp and firm that it came off like he was pissed.

What crawled up his a-

"I broke up with him," I announce pathetically, puffing out my chest and nod my chin up in pride.

He glances at me, and there's a smirk dancing on his nicely, shaped lips. But, the amusement is over when he notices that I've been staring at them a bit too long.

My cheeks flush, and I pinch my wrist to distract me from my burning face. "What if it doesn't work out?" I disclose.

He angles his body and is now facing me. "You're not that bad to look at, Riley."

Well, that brought up my self-esteem by like 0.1 percent. But why should I care what he thinks?

     "I wish I could say the same thing for you." I snicker, crossing my arms above my chest.

     He arcs an eyebrow up, and a light chuckle escapes through his thin lips. "You're defensive."

     I scowl at him and knit my forehead. "No, I'm not!"

     A sarcastic look plasters on his perfect, sculpted features and he responds by saying, "Yeah, okay."

     "Am not." I mutter under my breath.

     He lifts his hand and creates a crevice over his ear mockingly and leans in. "What's that?"

     "You suck." I lamely comeback.

     He moves back and grins wide. "I know a few things you can su-"

     I gasp in shock, and shove him away. "Lucas!"

     He laughs again, his chest vibrating up and down at the sound. I find him way more attractive when he's smiling than when he's pissed off at God knows what.

    The sunset's orange and yellow hue reflects on his  hair, making it appear a shade lighter and it brings out his striking green eyes. The sun dances on his tan skin as if it were only shimmering down on him.

     "You're too innocent for your own good." He pulls me out the trance, and I deter my attention to a random, brown tree.

     Yeah, well you're too hot for your own good.

     "You think I'm hot?"

     Shit, did I say that out loud?

     My eyes dilate and I curse under my breath at my slip up. I nervously rub my hand around the back of my neck and turn the other direction, feeling my burning cheeks fire up again.

     "Pft, no." I defend, and subconsciously tap my foot as I try my utter best to come up with an excuse. "You misheard me because you did not understand what I was saying and what I was trying to say the time you misheard me is that I said it's too hot for today's own good." I snap my fingers.

      Yeah, that'll do.

     "You ramble too much."

     "I think I ramble the standard time."

     He smiles teasingly and is silent for a few seconds until his piercing eyes drag away, leaving an usual sense at the pit of my stomach.