°Brother's Best Friend/Highschool AU°

Start from the beginning

He gave you a pleading look, to which you gave in. "But, I do have some movies to watch on my laptop. I'll be out of your receding hair, big bro." You ruffled his hair as you walked by, then dashed up the stairs to your room.

A loud crash from downstairs drew you away from your second movie of the night. Cautiously heading down the stairs, you had your phone ready to call 911 in case it was a murderer or something. It wasn't. Wade and his friends were still hanging out in the living room, so you decided to grab some food, very sneakily.

In the kitchen, you found the source of the crash. Mark had dropped the glass blender while trying to grab a bowl and it had shattered everywhere. Which you didn't notice until you had stepped on a shard and got it lodged in your foot.

"Aw fuck!" You cursed under your breath, causing Mark to look up in your direction as you clutch your foot.

"Y/N, are you okay?" He had shoes on, and could walk over to you with concern in his features.

"Why yes, I quite enjoy having glass piercing the bottom of my foot. I find it very relaxing." You snapped from the pain, then took a deep breath. "Sorry."

"Here, let me help." He picked you up bridal style then carried you across the glass to set you down on a counter.

You couldn't speak as he then rooted through the medicine cabinet to get supplies for glass removal. "I'm going to try to numb it first." He explained, holding ice cubes to your foot.

You instinctively jerked your foot back, giggling then seething in pain. "Sorry, that tickled."

He threw the ice cubes in the sink. "Okay, this might hurt."

"Ripping glass out of my flesh? That's definitely going to hurt!" You panicked, never liking to have the pain of things removed. It made you anxious and squeamish.

"Squeeze my hand." Mark offered you his left hand as he prepared to take it out with his right hand.

At first you shyly grabbed it, but then as he began the removal, the pain caused you to squeeze it hard. It was over quickly, then he applied a Band-Aid to it to stop the bleeding, still not letting go of your hand.

"Thanks." You sighed in relief.

"No problem." He stood up straight, thus in between your legs.

For once you were the same height, you were nearly eye-level with him. Your hands were still holding each other as your eyes roamed over the other's face. A slight smile was on his face as he quietly spoke again. "Have I ever told you that I think you're really beautiful?"

"No." You responded softly. "Have I ever told you that I want to kiss you most of the time?"

"No." He tilted your chin up, locking his lips onto yours.

Probably the best kiss you've ever had. You had just gotten your fingers up in his hair when you heard Wade declare he was going to check on Mark in the kitchen. He immediately broke away from you, taking several steps back.

"Y/N!" Wade exclaimed, exasperated. "Did you drop the blender?"

"Nope." You popped your p, swinging your feet. "It was Mark. In fact, I cut my foot." You held up your bandaged foot to show him.

"Way to throw me under the bus, Y/N." Mark said teasingly, to which you shrugged.

"I'll get this cleaned up." Wade said, grabbing the broom. "Y/N, do you think you can make it to the couch alright?"

"Are you asking me to hang out with your friends?" You fake gasped.

"Yes, now go."

Using Mark as a crutch, you hobbled out to the group in the living room. "Hey everyone! I exist!" You announced yourself.

"Yay!" Molly cheered.

Once Wade had come back in, someone had the genius idea of playing Truth or Dare. You didn't really want to do it, not liking the looks Molly and Mandy kept giving you and Mark on the sly. They had something planned. So after Bob had to explain his weirdest dream, and Mandy had to prank call her mom, it was Mark's turn.

"Truth." He said, and you thanked the gods above. Now they couldn't dare him to kiss you in front of Wade.

"Have you ever gone streaking?" Wade immediately blurted out.

"Nope."

"Would you?"

Bob laughed at the thought, encouraging it, Mark was refusing, Molly hit Wade on the back of the head and Mandy did the same to Bob. You simply sat there chuckling. "Why do you wanna see Mark naked so bad, Wade?" You teased your brother.

He rolled his eyes, then looked at Mark. "Well, would you?"

"Maybe in a nudist colony or a field in the middle of nowhere with no people around." He shrugged before turning to you. "Alright Y/N, truth or dare?"

"Hm..." You deliberately looked around the circle at Molly before answering. "Truth."

She stuck her tongue out at you for ruining her plans, but Mandy still managed to bring in your love life. "Have you, or would you, date an upperclassman?"

Taking a quick glance at Mark before answering, you tried to keep your tone nonchalant. "I haven't, but I don't see why not."

Soon it became Mark's turn again. "Truth."

Most everyone around the circle groaned at this. "You're so boring Mark, choose dare!" Wade exclaimed, to which a chorus of 'yeah's followed.

"Fine! Dare!"

After Molly and Mandy had a whisper meeting, Wade's girlfriend spoke to the entire group. "Call the last person you kissed."

You were alarmed. How could they have known? Mark calmly pulled out his phone, went into his contacts, and found the right number. Holding your breath, you heard it ring on his end, then your ringtone began going off.

"Y/N, turn your phone off! I want to hear what this girl says!" Wade chastised you, oblivious.

You picked up your phone, and hit answer on the incoming call. "Hey Mark." You managed to choke out.

It came out the speakers of Mark's phone, causing momentary hysteria. Molly and Mandy were screaming 'I knew it!' while Bob said 'woah really?' and Wade deadpanned 'are you fucking kidding me'.

Everyone else had gone silent as Wade's colorful mix of disbelief and anger got louder. "Are you fucking joking right now?"

"No, we're not joking." You shook your head as Mark pulled you into his side.

"I don't believe you."

Then, Mark pressed his lips on your again, warranting squeals from your girl friends. "Believe us now?"

This time it was Wade shaking his head, and you nuzzled further into Mark's side to hide your face, slightly embarrassed at the PDA. Finally, after a long period of silence, Wade looked up at you two with a huge grin on his face.

"You two are so cute together!"

"Thanks?" You laughed. At least he wasn't threatening to decapitate you.

((little a/n just as a huge THANK YOU to you guys because I have now 800 reads on this in less than two weeks?? that's insane i am so grateful to you all for reading, voting, and commenting!!

°mel°))