Chapter Three

Andre's POV

            I was in awe. Complete awe. I mean I always knew Laurel was beautiful, I'd even seen some recent pictures of her. Those did nothing to prepare me for how striking she is in person. Her presence took my breath away. Her smile was blinding and warm,  and when she said my name.. God, when she said my name.

          Knowing the kind of guy I was Andrew should have been scared to leave his little sister under my control. But I guess he wasn't expecting that I'd want to control her in ways unrelated to business. I did.

"Oh well." I sighed, "Too late now."

           Smirking, I buzzed my secretary Ms. Dean.

"Yes Mr. Mikel?" She asked over the intercom.

"Are the Winters siblings still in the building?" I asked. I had regret sending Laurel off so hastily.

"Only Ms. Winters remains sir. She wanted to get a tour of the building. Mr. Winters left for work 10 minutes ago."

"Please send Ms. Winters in when her tour his done. I'd like to have a chat with her." I ordered.

"Yes Mr. Mikel"

           I was going to get a feel for her personality, and tell her what she would be doing around here. I spin my chair around to face the window behind me. I got lost in my thoughts as I stared at life below me. I see people running to their destinations and different vehicles whirring by. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the door to my office open.

"U-Um, M-Mr. Mikel?" I heard a soft voice say behind me. I spin around to see Laurel standing there looking unsure of herself.

"Ah yes, sorry. I was just thinking." I explained," How long were you there?"

"N-Not long sir." She half whispered.

          So cute. I thought. "Sit, please." I tell her. She takes a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk. "Laurel," I start grabbing her attention, "I'm going to explain your job to you shortly."

"OK." She replies.

"You're going to train under Ms. Dean so you can take over her job once she leaves in 2 months. I'm going to add another desk, you'll sit out there observing her and taking notes." I say. "If Ms. Dean is in a meeting with me taking notes, you will be there taking notes of how she takes notes, Understood?"

"Yes sir, basically you want me to take notes of how Ms. Dean does everything?" She asks.

"Exactly." I respond.

"I can do that sir." She chirps as if she's excited.

"It's only for two months Ms. Winters. Then you'll be doing everything on your own." I warn.

"Oh I'm well aware of that sir, I can't wait for the two months to be over." She says unexpectedly.

          That made me want to smile, she was excited to work. "Interesting." I say. No response. I look up and see her gazing and smiling to herself. I was content just watching her, as she was lost in her thoughts. Five minutes of peace was all I got, then three of my six younger brothers barge in. It was West, Axel and Jonah.

"Andre, dude you know the girl I've been seeing? She turned out to be a total tramp. Caught her mackin' on some other guy at the club we always go to." Rants my second youngest brother Axel.

"Haha." Laughs my youngest brother West. "Don't all of your girlfriends turn out to be tramps? There was Cindy, Jada, Ashley, Kayla, Jennifer, Tasha, Daniell-" He was stopped by a smack upside the head from Jonah.

"Shh, can't you see Mikel has a guest?" Says Jonah who's a year younger than me.

"Yes I do. Thank you for noticing." I deadpan.

"Oops, sorry brother. Now who's this lovely little lady?" Axel asks facing Laurel. "Hi there, Nice to meet you. I'm Axel." He smiles.

"Hi, I'm Laurel. Nice to meet you." Laurel smiles, introducing herself.

          Watching her smile at another man annoyed me. I don't have the right to be annoyed, yet.

"Ah, so you're the Laurel that Andy is always talking about. Nice to meet you, I'm Jonah." Jonah says causing her to blush and nod in agreement.

"Hi Laurel!" West jumps in. "I'm West, the cutey of the family. Nice to meet you, I hope our big brother here wasn't boring you?" He asks with a smile.

She giggles sweetly, "Oh no, he wasn't boring me at all." 

"Then you should run before he starts." West says causing her to laugh again. They all start conversing as if I wasn't in the room.

"Eh-hem" I cough causing her to jump as if she actually forgot I was in the room, and my brothers to smirk at me. "Well Ms. Winters, You can start work on Monday."

"So we're done talking?" she asks.

"Yes we are." I reply curtly.

"Oh, ok." She says.

"Hey Laurel, you wanna go to lunch with me, West and Axel?" Asks Jonah.

"Sure that would be great, I haven't eaten since this morning."

           I look at the clock and see that it's now 4:30pm. I had no idea it was this late. I guess I was thinking for a while before.

"Awesome." says Axel. "Lets get to it then, I know the perfect Italian place."

While somewhat dragging Laurel toward the door West joins in, "Ooh the one with the really good rolls?"

"Yup." is the last thing I hear, Axel and West had left dragging Laurel along with them. Only Jonah remained.

"You want me to get you anything brother? I'm sure Roberto wouldn't mind packing you a to-go plate." Asks Jonah.

Staring down at the papers on my desk with an unhappy look I say. "Sure, tell him I want the usual."

"Sure thing brother." He says walking toward the door. Just before he closes it his head pops back in the door and smirking he says, "Don't worry we'll take good care of Laurel." then he shuts the door.

"Good." I mutter under my breath trying to sort through the files before me and my own feelings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo, how was it? Feedback people. Let me know if the story is worth finishing. Anyone willing to help me with wardrobe and Office setup and how it works in a business as big as I want Mikel Engineering to be? Message me and I can send you my email. :D Thanks for reading guys.