Sixteen

//I dont effing know. Sorry its literally been like a month. I took a much needed break and focused on the one shots that were requested in my star wars preferences which is almost at 100 pages. Which is weird for me since the longest book that i've ever written was like thirty pages, and that was supernatural preferences back in like, 2014. Again, I don't know how long this book will be. Im hoping to get it to at least 100 pages. So the least, there will be about 40 more pages unless i extend relationships with Abilene, Carter, and Aaron. Which I pulled out of my ass and used to stretch the plot because it was going too fast. Also, im in love with carter. I have yet to find someone who looks like him, and Aaron. I will show you when I do. Also, im nearly done with editing the first chapter, which is what i said a month ago but whatever. Sorry for the long wait.//

Abilene took deep breaths as she went over everything in her head. Her plan to escape had been greatly adjusted and secured. She figured that she needed to win the trust of everyone around her, which would in turn grant her more access to things like the flight schedule and escape pods and security. Her heart pounded as she sought out the general, rethinking what she was going to say. She had already gone through basic training before she became a nurse, so there was no need for her to back to boot camp if they accepted her as an official officer.

She was deep in thought when she rounded the corner and ran right into someone. To her luck, it was only another storm trooper. "Oh dear, I'm sorry, sir." Abilene nodded, but the trooper took off their helmet. It was carter.

"Hey, doll, where are you off to in such a hurry?" His honey voice did little to calm her nerves, but it was nice to see a slightly friendly face.

"I'm going to the general's office to apply to be a trooper, such as your fine self." Abilene felt odd to smile in that situation, since becoming a trooper would mean that she would officially become apart of those people who steal children from their beds and torch entire villages- but she wouldn't want him to think that she had second thoughts.

His face seemed to light up. "You're joining us? But I thought the emperor retired you."

"That was from being a nurse. He didn't say anything about being a trooper. But, I suppose they will have to request his permission..." She cursed herself for not thinking of that. They are going to ask Palpetine, and Palpetine will most likely tell Lord Vader, and Vader might actually approach her. "I hope they accept me, though. I have already gone through training, so that will be out of the way. There is really no reason, except for the Vader incident, that they would refuse to accept me."

"Well, doll, I hope you get in." He winked and put his helmet back on. She saluted him, and continued on her way to the General's office. The conversation with Carter only made her nerves worse. What other plan could she make to escape when the only means to escape was to become one of them? This was her last chance to find a real home, and she could not afford to mess it up.

Approaching the General's office, she pushed the thoughts of failing to the back of her head. She had to think positive, or there was a small chance that she would be accepted. Knocking on the door, she held her breath. A voice came from within, telling her to come in.

Walking in, she recognized the General as one that was usually by Vader's side. Great. She thought. A direct line to Lord Vader. No doubt he would tell him immediately that she was applying to be a storm trooper, whether or not she was accepted.

"Is there something you needed, Amar?" The general's stone cold voice sent shivers down her spine, but she forced her self to stand straight.

"I would like to apply as a Storm Trooper, General." She made her voice as strong and bold as she could, looking the General in the eye so that he would know how serious she was.

"A storm trooper? You don't look like Storm Trooper material, that's why they made you a nurse." A smirk played on his lips, and she knew that he was testing her. At least, she hoped that he was testing her.

"I can assure you that I would be a great storm trooper. I graduated as one of the top in my regiment, sir. If you gave me a chance, I would not let you down." She stood as tall as she could, making herself look far more confident than she actually was.

He made a noise of amusement, and began shifting through files until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out one file, and Abilene recognized it as her own. He flipped through papers until he found the reports she had made when she was captain of her training regiment. He read through them silently, and Abilene began to wonder if he remembered if she was there or not. He set the file down and looked her over. "You have changed since you were a trainee, Amar. Your muscle mass has increased, that is good. I will consider it, run it by a few people. Come back to my office next week, then you will have your answer. You are dismissed." He waved his hand lazily and went back to the work he was doing before she had interrupted him.

"Thank you, General." She saluted and left the room. She let out a long breath once she was safe in an empty corridor. It went much better than she expected. He took note of her strength, which was good. She had something good going for her, and that was enough to keep her going.

She walked through the corridors with a higher confidence than she had before, but it was so rudely interrupted when a storm trooper pulled her into an empty room. He took off his helmet, and she saw that it was Aaron. "Carter told me. What are you thinking?" He was angry, but a protective angry rather than the violent angry that Abilene knew too well.

"I'm thinking that I want to make a difference, and that I want to make my presence useful. You don't know what it's like to be trapped in a room for eternity, Aaron." Aaron's over protectiveness could be annoying, but it was nice to know that someone cared for her.

"You could get hurt, people die every day." He combed his hands through his hair, looking around for some reason to make her change her mind.

"I know that very well, Aaron. Besides, its already done. I will know by next week whether or not I'm accepted." It was true. There was no going back now, whether she changed her mind or not.

He shook his head, putting his helmet back on and leaving the room. They made her so mad sometimes, Carter and Aaron. She didn't want to like Carter like she did, and knew that it would be better for her to like Aaron- the responsible one. But it was Carter that was supporting her, and she didn't know if that was a good thing.

She left the room, making her way to her own room. She skipped supper, her anxiety had taken away her appetite. Her short argument with Aaron left her laying awake into the night, ignoring the growling from her stomach. She felt the familiar pressure on her chest that she hadn't felt since her last nightmare, and let herself become overcome with fear as she drifted into a hellish sleep.