Nineteen

//i fear that the end is near.... sorry this is short and i haven't updated in a while, ive been sick and am sick right now. I hope you like this, though :)//

The first few weeks of practice went by quickly with many added bruises and cuts. Each session was more brutal than the last. As time ticked by, the weight on Anakin's shoulders grew heavier, knowing very well that Abilene's time was almost up. Anakin wished that she would escape before he had the chance to work up the courage to kill her. His only fear was that Palpetine would kill her if he did not, and he would much rather have her die by his own hand than Palpetine's.

In between practice sessions and meals, Abilene spent all of her time planning her escape. It would be much more difficult now that she was being watched over by Darth Vader, but his hint of constant security was helpful in a way. Why he told her such a thing confused her still, but she elected to act as though she never read the note just to separate herself from Vader as much as possible, even if she still had a sliver of hope that he is still there somewhere... lost.

Since her first day of training, she has been given her own set of shining white armor. She enjoyed walking around the base in it, and getting respect from passerby where it would be rare if she hadn't the armor. Carter was the only person she could confide in as of now. Not that Aaron wasn't her friend, he was just too... loyal to the empire. Carter, not so much. When Abilene had brought up the topic of rebels, he became uncomfortable. She took the bold risk of asking Carter if he ever wanted to run away, which was the beginning of a very long conversation of escape plans and wild dreams. Though, she still did not yet trust him with her plan to escape, and only vaguely told him about her dream of leaving the empire and studying the systems and planets. That night, the night she slept in Carter's room shortly after being beaten by Vader, was the night she let herself get close to him- no matter how many times she warned herself. She opened up, just a little bit, and told him about her nightmares. He responded gently, saying that anyone with a brain would have nightmares about Darth Vader, but he still did not understand the meaning behind the dream. He did not understand those words.

Kill the boy. Though that task would be a fair lot easier than killing Abilene, it would still destroy her. He knew her relationship with the two troopers, and saw that they were far more comfort to her than he ever was. Anakin hated that he was jealous of them. He hated that he felt anything at all. It made him angry. It made him mad. He spent hours dulling his mind with the possibility that this was all part of the emperor's plan to take it to the next level. To make him stronger. When he wasn't training Abilene or giving orders, he was planning. Planning on how to execute the mission, and how to force himself to go through it. He had faced reality, and knew that it had to be done. He spent hours shut in his room, sleeping less and less. He knew it would be tough, but he knew that it had to be last minute, or he would not have the courage to go through with it- now all he had to do was wait.