One

~M~

"All students in our Senior level please kindly make your way into our Auditorium 3. The whole school faculty and I, Your Principal, Mr. Kaplan, are very excited to tell you about this season's project! Thank you and have a good day."

"Is this another recital? I swear to Jesus Christ I am getting tired of practicing in our auditoriums with the AC off." Kirstie complained, letting her hair down once the teacher had dismissed us. She fixed her short blonde hair and pulled me up from my seat on the floor. "Come on, angel face, let's get going."

"But I'm really tired, Kitty." I frowned, fixing up my fringe and standing up, fixing my ballet slippers and jumping around.

She scoffed. "Well the fact that you're jumping around doesn't make me believe you. Now come on we're gonna be late!" She squealed, pulling me through the crowded hallways with her strong arms and petite frame. You would have no idea how strong she is with how small her body looks.

You see, Kirstin was, and still is, a miracle. The head thought it was a joke that she wanted to audition for the school. I mean, the ideal height for ballerinas was at least 5'6 here. But once she started to dance and flex and stretch, they thought she was natural with no experience at all. She became the star of the school. And wow am I lucky that she's my best friend.

Her face lit up when she saw Connor, a friend of ours. "Hey, Con! How was practice?" She asked, her voice so high up in excitement.

The guy groaned. "My calf is starting to hurt. I'm still trying to master all my dance numbers with pointe shoes and it's the worst."

"Aw, you'll get there sweetie." I smiled. "Kirst, we have to go."

"Oh yeah! Okay! Bye Connor!" She bid before tugging on my arm again and running to the auditorium, with girls immediately offering spots next to them.

We settled for the third row, wanting a great view of the head, which didn't look bad. That long hair and mesmerizing eyes.... everyone had a huge crush on him. Counting me.

"Okay, seniors, please settle down!" Mr. Kaplan said through the microphone. We all went silent.

"Thank you. Now, we have a special announcement! As you may know that there are numerous other dance schools here in the state of California, and for this year, we have done something that this school has never done before!'" Mr. Kaplan exclaimed and everyone's eyes lit up in excitement.

"This year's senior spring recital, we are pairing up with one of the latest new dance schools, Vitus' Modern Dance School!"

And everyone flipped their shit.

"MITCHY WE ARE GOING TO BE WORKING WITH HOTTIES FROM VMDS AHH!!!!"My best friend screamed into my ear, shaking my arm repeatedly.

"Jesus Christ calm down!" I sneered, still trying to comprehend the news that is apparently affecting every senior in this ballet school.

But really, out of all the schools, we could pair up with you pick VMDS? Really?

All their students are all unethical, no manners, and extremely loud.

And they mostly major in urban dance or 'hip hop'. What the hell?

There's no way I'm going to allow uneducated people walk down the hallways of this high-end school that practices elegance and poise, not...... whatever they do.

"Seriously! Why aren't you flipping? So many handsome people of color.... oh my goodness." Kirstie daydreamed, her hands clasped together and placed on her chest. "This is the perfect time to find a boyfriend that isn't actually gay." She laughed.