Chapter Fifteen

••• Adam Carter •••

"I leave for three days to make sure the woman I'm marrying is happy and this is what happens!" I yelled loudly in annoyance. Matty hung his head low as I paced up and down, we're supposed to be family. We're so close we're almost brothers. I couldn't help feeling hurt at his actions. Why didn't he tell me he had a mate?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, a hurt tone creeping into my voice. Matty looked up at me, obvious sadness in his eyes. You could see he misses his mate, I was surprised he managed to hide it for so long.

"Because she's not safe here, if I brought her here she would be in constant danger. I could never put her in that position, and I can't leave the pack" Matty said his voice full of sorrow.

"Okay, we'll find her. First thing, where's Riley?" I asked, Matty growled at the name and my Aunt Hannah sighed.

"Turns out, Riley was wearing a ring that belonged to Matty's mate" She said, I shrugged. So?

"So what?" I asked, my grandmother glared at me as if I was stupid then my eyes widened in realization.

"How did she get the ring?"

"Exactly what we all would like to know" Huffed Aunt Hannah, I rubbed the side of my face. There is always some sort of drama in this pack I'm not surprised Matty didn't want to bring his mate here.

"Okay, first we find Riley. She can maybe help us to find your mate" I said to my best friend who nodded wordlessly. Now if I was a young werewolf vampire hybrid where would I go?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Riley Mathews •••

"Oh you have got to be kidding me" I muttered to myself as I stopped running. Out of nowhere and only a few feet away stood Marcus looking as strikingly beautiful as ever. I was in my old pack's land, he knew if he placed his big toe over the border line he'd have our pack and possibly Adam's pack on his ass for weeks.

"Long time no see" He greeted, his voice as smooth as milk. I hated the sound and the memories it brought. Clenching my jaw I flashed him a smile leaving my hands casually by my side.

"Not long enough" I replied in a murmur but I knew he could hear me. Well since he's hear I may as well ask about her.

"There was a girl, when I escaped I found her and killed her along with a few other vampires. Who was she?" I asked softly, he raised his head then simply shrugged.

"A young she-wolf one of the vampires found one day, he liked the taste of her despite of her being a wolf and wanted to keep her. I let him but you killed him when you escaped" He replied.

I nodded not wanting him to think I cared to much about the girl. If there was a chance that she was alive then I know he'd use it to his advantage and possibly end up killing the girl for definite. He looked at me curiously and I tried to keep my gaze blank.

"Why do you ask?"

"She was the first person I ever killed, unlike you Marcus I actually have a heart and feel guilty when taking an innocent life" I replied sweetly giving him my best smile. Marcus however seemed unaffected by my words and almost somewhat amused, now that just pissed me off.

"Well you failed my darling, the girl is still alive. She's now been given the job of cook" He smirked, I arched an eyebrow at his words. Inside I was jumping for joy, she was still alive? I didn't kill Matty's mate? Guilt immediately lifted off my shoulders as I tried desperately to keep it off my face.