Chapter 78: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"An extraction site" Kakashi realized.

"Like the one they took Gaara to" He recalled and Rin nodded.

"Exactly, so if Sasuke defeated the eight tails then they're at the extraction site. If we can figure out which one, then we can follow Pein's movement from then on." She finished and Kakashi chuckled as he put his hand on her shoulder.

"Nicely done Captain"

"I'm not a Captain yet but thanks" She replied, a grin on her face.

"Alright, I hate to bring this energy down but what makes you so certain that Pein will be there?" I asked but she did't falter.

"It takes three days with a full team of Akatsuki members to extract a beast, they've lost almost half the organization. If they want this beast sealed efficiently then the whole gang has to be there" She explained confidently.

"So where are the extraction sites?" Kakashi asked.

"There are ten in total, and I want all our efforts switched to checking them all." She ordered as she circled the locations on the maps.

"You'll want to look for huge and sudden spikes in chakra, even the animals will act differently in the surrounding area." She explained.

"Neji, can you alert Shino of the change in plans and I'll slip back into my jutsu while..."

"You need a break" I reminded and she glanced at me.

"As do I, I've had my Byakugan activated for hours to monitor your chakra. The dark chakra is beginning to spike, your curse mark could release and that poses a danger to us. It's time for a break." I said firmly and Rin sighed.

"Fine, I guess you're right. We'll go at it again in a few hours. Kakashi and I will go let Shino no about the change in plans." She replied and I smiled slightly.

"You must be in a good mood if you're actually agreeing" I teased and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't push it Hyuuga" She warned but I knew she wasn't serious. I opened the doors walking out after them and closed them behind us. Rin reset the seal on the door before stretching.

"Alright, we'll see you in a few hours."

Kakashi

Rin waved behind us as we left the compound, Neji taking off in the direction of the Hyuuga estate. She had chosen to leave her mask behind, and while I shouldn't be telling anyone to not where a mask all the time I had to admit it was nice to see her without one. It still, somewhat, felt like a dream to see her in a Leaf ANBU uniform. Like if I bumped her she would vanish into thin air and I'd wake up in bed wondering if she was okay or alive.

"So our first break in the mission" I started and her smile returned.

"I know, I'm so relieved. Finally, some good news for Lady Tsunade and Naruto" She replied.

"Naruto?" I questioned.

"He hasn't spoken to me since Lady Tsunade informed us of Jiraiya's death" She explained and I nodded slightly.

"He doesn't blame you" I replied and she sighed.

"I know, but I also know what he must be thinking. I was there to help with Gaara, and even with Sasuke, and Asuma and the one time he really needed me to be around I was absorbed in my own problems"

"Naruto knows how much you care about your brothers; he just needs time. Besides, I saw him with Shikamaru the other day and he was looking better." I assured her.