Chapter 47

The work day ended, and we all walked back to our homes "so how did you handle Ginti?" Cirly asked with a smirk "don't even tease me about that alright I'm still trying to get my ears back to normal after a day of his yelling to customers touching his kokeshi dolls" I said, but in Ginti's voice "you unlocked a new ability!" Esperanza said "I know, I can sound like anyone, or anything now" I said in Clavis's voice "who's that?" Destiny asked "Clavis, now I'm doing Decim's voice" I replied "I actually did Decim's voice back in Viginti, and he didn't know why, I didn't know at the time until he said something" I said in my regular voice.

"well see you all tomorrow at school, then work" Miriam said as she got into her father's truck, the rest of us just walked back to where we lived once we rounded the corner of Starbucks. When I got home I walked into my house my step father was asleep probably from drinking too much, and my mother was awake "where have you been?" "work" "you got a job?" "yeah" "where is it at?" "do you really want to know?" then she sniffed the air, and asked "why do you smell like beer? Are you working at a bar? What's the name of it again Quindecim? Right?" "yeah we're just people" I said getting annoyed by all the questions 'I hope she doesn't know anything about Quindecim' i thought to myself.

Eric came home late again, and knocked on my window as usual since he never takes his key like the idiot he is, as he did so I was getting ready to sleep in my capsule "hey hurry up" he said "will you shut up" I said being careful not to use anyone else's voice. When I got to the front door, and opened it he came rushing in "watch where you're going" I said in my monotone voice "make me" he replied "alright" I said "but let's go outside o we don't destroy anything" I added, then we walked outside to the backyard, and once he was out the door I used my heat vision on him "really? Heat vision that doesn't stand against me" he said as he put his hands out in front of him, and an electrical ball was formed, and I formed my force field in time before it could even make contact with me.

I used my new ability I got from work, and strung him up against the metallic roof on the patio "what the hell is this?" he asked "my new ability. You know the puppets in Quindecim" I said "Quindecim, I went there to put your devices on those puppets they worked perfectly for prototypes" he said, and I got mad by the second, and I just put the threads against his mouth, and tied his arms, and legs up, and put him in his room, then I went to my own room to sleep as well.