Chapter 1

I'm Violet, I'm 17 years old. I have Hazel eyes and light brown hair.
I'm walking to school, once I get to school, I pull my beanie down over my ears and continue walking through the crowded halls. I'm depressed, I cut, and I'm shy, very shy. I get to my classroom and then sit in the back, my usual place. I open the page to my notebook and start writing.
Mum, dad
Can't you see that the little girl you raised is wishing upon the stars to die.
You never ask if I'm okay. You never ask when I'm always in long sleeves. You never talk to me.
I can fake a smile and I do it everyday. I push myself to the limits with a razor, till I'm nearly unconscious, but I always stop, reminding myself " Tomorrow will be better." But it never is but I keep telling myself that, why I haven't figured that out yet.
I closed my notebook as everyone piled in for class, I covered my face with my sweater paws. I'm wearing my "meow" shirt, it's super long on me, 'cause I'm thin, I'm 101 pounds, I still think it's fat, I need to be 90 pounds. The teacher comes in, and looks around, he said" okay, class, today we'll be pairing together, for a in-class project. But you may work on it at home. I'll be partnering you up." Please let me be alone, I don't like people doing projects with me. They always make me do all the work. I doodle on my notebook till I heard" Violet and Ashton." I glanced up to see Ashton, he was nothing like me, or any other boy here. He was pure punk. He turned around and looked at me, I quickly hid my face from his gaze.
Ashton's POV
I turn in my seat to look at the girl I'll be partnered with. She quickly hides. Why'd I have to get the girl that doesn't talk? I got up and walked to the desk in front of hers, I sat down and turned around, looking at her. I said" are you just going to sit there with your head down or actually talk?" She didn't move, I bit my lip ring, then looked at what she was wearing. She's so innocent. So childish, too, well kinda. I said" we eventually have to talk, ya know. We have a project due in a week." She peeked from her arms, she had Hazel eyes just like me, I said" gonna talk?" She just hid again, I sighed, and turned around texting Mikey.
( normal-Ashton, Italic-Mikey)
Hey Mikey!
Hi Ash, whatcha doing?
Sitting here, expose to be working on some stupid project but the girl I'm paired with won't talk.
Who is she?
Uh Violet
Oh, yeah she's in my 2nd. She doesn't talk. She just looks through a notebook since the class is basically boring.
What notebook?
She carries it everywhere. Uh I forgot what was on the front but something childish.
Once upon a time?
That's it! See if you can get it.
Okay maybe bye Mike
Bye ash
I put my phone up and turned to her, I said" what's that?" She didn't move, I quickly grabbed the notebook, journal thing. She looked up with a scared face, then the bell rang, I said" I'll return it later." Then ran out the door.
Violet's POV
He said" I'll return it later." Then he bolted, I sat there frozen, scared. Shocked. I got up and walked out, running out the front doors and down the road. I stopped as I got down the road a bit. I shivered, and cried, then began walking, I walked to the park and climbed up a tree, I sat on a giant branch, and cried. I couldn't stop it.
I heard someone say" hey, are you okay?" I looked down to see a boy, my age, I nodded, he said" no, your not." Then started climbing the tree to get to me, he smiled as he sat next to me, I looked at him. He said" I'm Calum." I whispered" I'm Vi-Violet." he said" hey, why are you skipping school?" I shrugged, he said" I'm skipping too, so I'll promise not to tell if you do." I nodded and he held out his pink finger, I wrapped mine around his and we pinky promised. He said" so why'd you skip?" I whispered" someone t-took my j-journal a-and ran off." He said" who?" I whispered" A-Ashton." He said" he's my friend, he doesn't mean bad, he's just punk, I guess." I whimpered, he said" I'll get it back, if you want." I looked at him, I nodded, he smiled saying" I'll be back in a few, just stay here." I nodded, he jumped down and ran off.