Chapter 65: Brothers

Start from the beginning

I turn to Duncs, whom is sitting beside me.

He only has one beer in front of him, and I'm pretty sure that's the only one he's had this whole time we've been here.

And to be honest, I have lost track of time, at this point.

"Not drinking too much, eh?" I ask, turning over to Duncs.

He laughs, shaking his head.

"Nah. Kelly-Rae wants me home by midnight, and tomorrow we have to take Alexis and Colton to swimming lessons, so I don't want to be tired or hungover." He laughs.

I nod, smiling.

Duncs is probably one of the most mature guys on the team.

He is also one of the oldest guys, but he's never been super big into drinking or anything.

He has lots of integrity, and he has two little kids at home that he is determined to raise right.

And with the way that he is, I have no doubts that him and Kelly-Rae will raise both of their children, perfectly fine.

"Good idea, man." I laugh, nodding.

I talk to him for about ten more minutes, and then a few of the other guys for a while after that.

Within forty-five minutes, almost all of the guys have gone their separate ways, and I have lost track of them.

A lot of the guys are at the pool table, some are on the dance floor, and others are off dancing with a few girls at their sides, simply enjoying themselves.

Such as, Saader and Teuvo.

Brandon is so mature all the time, but give him a few drinks, and all that goes down the drain.

He's one of the most unlikely guys to be doing this, but he has four girls on his arms right now, and he's laughing as they all dance with him.

None of the girls are dressed inappropriately nor do they look like sluts, so they are all just having fun together.

Teuvo stands with Brandon, a few girls on his arms as well.

He's only twenty-one, just barely legal to get into this place, and he's already got all these chicks.

What a guy.

I look over to my right, and notice that Kaner is still at the bar stools, his back leaning against the bar, as he watches the crowd in front of him carefully.

He has a smile on his face, a beer in-hand, and he's wearing a plaid long sleeve shirt, with a backwards flat brim hat.

I move over a few seats, to sit next to him.

"What a night." Kaner laughs, his voice only partly drunk.

He's not quite intoxicated, but I'm sure he will be soon.

Both of us will.

I can feel myself starting to lose my conscience, but for now, I'm alright.

"A pretty sick birthday, if you ask me." I laugh, running a hand through my hair.

Kaner nods, laughing.

"This bar has so many memories. God, I remember drinking out of the Stanley Cup, and the whole champagne thing, and just being here the night of winning the cup all four times we did it. It's just so..." Pat laughs, trailing off slightly.

"Legendary." I finish for him, nodding.

"Yeah. Yeah, something like that." He nods, smiling out at the crowd.